GTR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Leo I don't recall the article saying anything about the new digital sensor "activating" anything. Remember all it does in put a faster, cleaner and more accurate signal to the Attessa ECU.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Leo I don't recall the article saying anything about the new digital sensor "activating" anything. Remember all it does in put a faster, cleaner and more accurate signal to the Attessa ECU.
A spring is always going to spring back, so I can see it swinging and throwing some interesting info at the ATTESA ECU. An ECU is only as good as its inputs. If you give it bad inputs, it gives bad outputs.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I'm still hanging out for the Full-Race one, it will be adjustable.

p.s......nice pink box ;)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,210 Posts
Awesome write up Aki, thanks :clap:

Looking forward for the full details on your blog mate :thumbsup:

BTW does it also mention if the new sensor also activates the 4WD whilst cornering???

Or is it just like the standard G-Sensor which only activates 4WD in a straight, so whilst conering it's only RWD (except you use a Skylab controller, right R32 Combat :nervous:)???

Cheers,

Leo
Afaik 4wd still happens in corners just the more the g the less the 4wd. The skylab box alters the output of the g meter so the ATTESA system thinks that the corner isn't as tight as it really is (less g reading).

The normal version of this sensor just provides a cleaner signal to the ATTESA so it can do it's stuff earlier (perhaps) and more consistently. The Midori version sounds like it has circuitry to attenuate the signal (perhaps) like the skylab and thus actually change when and how much 4wd is provided.

I can see that the normal version and a skylab might be a nice combo. On the other hand it might well only be worth while if you g sensor is a little knackered. I'm sure that the test car will have had a crappy sensor to site how much better the new one is.

NB those in the know please correct me if I'm off the mark on the above.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Cris, as you say all the comparisons I've heard have been BNR32 standard vs. this new part. So who knows what the difference would be with a R34 or R33?

And, as I've installed the normal version in my car (Do-Luck), I would say that while the torque meter needle doesn't move as much - to be precise rather than as before, where the needle would shoot up and then settle down it just creeps up now steadily - in normal driving I don't notice a difference.

If this G-sensor is supposed to help out on braking, then would using the skylab affect that capability in cornering? If so (in the scenario you suggest), then would not the braking come on too strong for the corner that the ECU thinks is gradual, but is really tight?

·
Premium Member
11,878 Posts
I am building a test rig for the g-meter so I can run a comparison between the standard unit and my new design to see whats what.

Tyndago, can you get me a copy of all 17 pages of your ETS manual?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Tyndago, can you get me a copy of all 17 pages of your ETS manual?
Sure thing, just sent you a PM for your email. I also have some info on how the Super Taikyu R34's were rewired. Its an interesting setup. They have wet/dry ABS, and 4 positions of torque split to the front. The most interesting thing they do is lock out the Hicas, and use the Yaw rate sensor as an input into the ATTESA ECU.

·
Premium Member
11,878 Posts
Sure thing, just sent you a PM for your email. I also have some info on how the Super Taikyu R34's were rewired. Its an interesting setup. They have wet/dry ABS, and 4 positions of torque split to the front. The most interesting thing they do is lock out the Hicas, and use the Yaw rate sensor as an input into the ATTESA ECU.
PM'd ya..

·
Registered
256 Posts
How useful could this be on a vspec, as far as I understand its just the wheel speed sensors sampling faster on ATTESSA-Pro, maybe this could be further improved by the digital signal

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
And, as I've installed the normal version in my car (Do-Luck), I would say that while the torque meter needle doesn't move as much - to be precise rather than as before, where the needle would shoot up and then settle down it just creeps up now steadily - in normal driving I don't notice a difference.
Don't read too much into the torque meter. Its just a calculated value, not really hooked to anything mechanical.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Don't read too much into the torque meter. Its just a calculated value, not really hooked to anything mechanical.
Ok, sure understand that, but then why the difference? What would it be a reflection of? What does it measure, actually?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Ok, sure understand that, but then why the difference? What would it be a reflection of? What does it measure, actually?
Not sure why its different, but its probably a good thing.

It doesn't measure anything. Its an output from the ATTESA ECU. Its probably some range based on voltage/pressure commanded to the ATTESA pump.

You can have a mechanical issue with the clutch pack in the transfer case, the meter pegged at 50 and not getting any torque to the front wheels.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I know adjustable ones have been around for ages....I have a Ruzic one myself, but no one has made an adjustable digital g-sensor yet.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I know adjustable ones have been around for ages....I have a Ruzic one myself, but no one has made an adjustable digital g-sensor yet.
The bottom pic is of the Super Taikyu R34. That had a Nismo adjustable ATTESA ECU. ABS and All wheel drive were adjustable. It also used the yaw rate sensor from the Hicas as an input to the ATTESA ECU.

41 - 60 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.