GTR Forum banner
141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was at World Time Attack with Mark Berry and his team from Wed lunch time practice. The R32 GTR had AWD problems on the first couple of days. It was very frustrating but ended up being hydraulic issues. Once it was sorted, the car spoke for itself. Putting down a 1:34.66 was beyond all our expectations (it was basically the same car as last year with 40kw more). We were really just hoping to get into the 1:35's. If you look at last years times, the 1:34.66 would have been first place in open class. Mark said he loved the AWD Controller II, and that it allowed him to find the balance of the car and get the power down early. I was stoked that he loved it so much, having my product tested and proven at the top level feels pretty good.

The R34 GTR was a totally different setup. As Mark had removed the ATTESA out of the car, I had to design a complete new system for it. Anyone who saw the car run last year and then this year saw the results. The car got the power down and we were pulling over 2G lateral.

The car was capable of a low 1:29 but we didn't get to put that down at the event. We were having temperature problems which seem to be due to aero and Mark was running the lower power setting all weekend. Even so, on one lap we had a sector time almost 2sec quicker as Mark headed around the back of the track, the temp rocketed and he had to back out. Our final attempt was stopped short due to the oil down of the Cyber car. The Pro 1 group was cancelled for the clean up, and the track was slippery after that.

Working with Mark Berry and being on his team for the weekend was awesome. Those guys are very professional and worked together as a well oiled team, making me feel welcome from the outset. It was an experience I will not be forgetting for a long time !!

I was speaking to Mark today and he said there are no secrets and that I can post up data logging etc from the event. I will put together a write up and get it up on the web.

Paul Ruzic

·
Registered
141 Posts
Midori Seibi Centre has updated their line of Digital G Sensors. With the help of racing driver Takayuki Aoki as an advisor, Midori Seibi Centre has made further improvements to fully utilise the potential of the GT-R's ATTESA-ETS. The red G sensor is for track use, while the blue G sensor is for road use.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Aki, this review you did for the Do Luck box is it an unbiased review? I have read various things that Speedhunters are sponsored by some of the tuning companies so reviews tend to be on the biased side.

I hope you dont take this wrong as I am looking to buy a G Box.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Aki, this review you did for the Do Luck box is it an unbiased review? I have read various things that Speedhunters are sponsored by some of the tuning companies so reviews tend to be on the biased side.

I hope you dont take this wrong as I am looking to buy a G Box.
No, it's a good question to ask, I would be asking the same. To this day, I have not received anything of value from either Ito-san of Do-Luck or Tarzan himself. And that was the understanding when I participated in that demo, and when I wrote the review. It certainly would have been nice to receive something, but for me it was enough to meet two legends and also have a bit of fun with a new device. Plus be one of the first to post a review.

And actually, I still to this day have not bought the Tarzan G-box. I DID pay full price retail for the original Do-Luck G sensor, and that was before I had met Ito-san or Tarzan obviously.

The reason I haven't bought the Tarzan box is that I already have the standard digital g sensor, and frankly I don't drive my GTR enough (lately anyway) so that I find myself in situations where the Tarzan box would be useful over the standard digital g sensor. IF I had still had the OEM analog g sensor however, then I would get the Tarzan box in a heartbeat.

Eventually, I do plan to upgrade, except of course if you've been following my blog you know that I've been spending time and money on other mods recently.

Let me know if this answers your question!

Aki

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys, looking for a replacement for my busted g sensor and found this thread.
Is there any meaningful difference between the Do Luck G Sensor, the Tarzan G Box and Midori ones? I noticed on Nengun the Do-Luck one is at least $100 cheaper.
Also are there any other options to consider?
Cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi guys, looking for a replacement for my busted g sensor and found this thread.
Is there any meaningful difference between the Do Luck G Sensor, the Tarzan G Box and Midori ones? I noticed on Nengun the Do-Luck one is at least $100 cheaper.
Cheers
It depends on what you do with your car. The "regular" Do Luck one is the least "aggressive" in the tuning, with the Midori and Tarzan units being more aggressive and more track-focused.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Cheers
The Do-Luck one (and the Midori green one) are "pure" digital G sensors. All they do is to record G forces digitally, and they send the unmodified signal to the ATTESSA computer.

The Tarzan, and the Midori Spec (red one) ALTER the actual G sensor output. In the Midori one, the signal is modified by a set variable, one multiple. So say that multiple is 1.2 (I don't know what it is, I'm using this number for simplicity's sake). That means that, if the G sensor reads a G of 0.5 - the Midori unit sends a signal of 0.5x1.2 = 0.6 to the ATTESSA ECU.

The Tarzan unit, on the other hand, uses a SERIES of variables across the G range (presumably this is Tarzan's input). So it's more like a curved effect than a line, if you can understand what I'm saying. At low G, the multiple could be 1.5, and at high G, the multiple could be 1.2 - again I'm just making up these numbers, no one would tell me exactly what these numbers are.

The reason the Do-Luck one, btw, is cheaper is because Do-Luck has introduced their DTMII (pre-programmed and user programmable) G sensor device. You can read up on it on my blog.

Ito-san (at Do-Luck) told me to expect pricing for the standard box and the Tarzan to come down.

Hope this helps.

Aki

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks very much Aki, that information doesn't appear to be freely available so I appreciate you taking the time to explain.
Also, thanks for letting me know about the DTMII, I wasn't even aware it existed!
Have you managed to get it to a track yet? Keen to hear your experiences with it.
Also, have you come across the Full Race ETS-Pro? Do you know if there's any differences between it and the DTMII? The ETS-Pro is also fully adjustable.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
The reason the Do-Luck one, btw, is cheaper is because Do-Luck has introduced their DTMII (pre-programmed and user programmable) G sensor device. You can read up on it on my blog.
I've got of these DTMII units for my R32 as I am quite interested in the difference it makes.

It'll be logging some laps with the stock sensor and the DTMII and see what the effect is in a few months time, at Brands Hatch circuit in the UK.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Thanks very much Aki, that information doesn't appear to be freely available so I appreciate you taking the time to explain.
Also, thanks for letting me know about the DTMII, I wasn't even aware it existed!
Have you managed to get it to a track yet? Keen to hear your experiences with it.
Also, have you come across the Full Race ETS-Pro? Do you know if there's any differences between it and the DTMII? The ETS-Pro is also fully adjustable.
Most welcome. Helps to have some inside info sometimes...

Unfortunately, with a new job I've been too busy to hit the track. Hence also lack of updates to the blog.

Yes I've heard about the Full Race product. Since I have no experience with it, I will not comment. I believe that Matt Jeff (Matt J) has purchased one for his 33, try PM'ing him for more information (I think he had posted something in the Trade For Sale section too, have a look there).

The DTMII unit leaves the stock ATTESSA ECU alone, changing only its longitudinal and latitudinal G inputs to then effect a change of output - thus it works for all cars, V-spec and std. The FullRace is different - do a search and I think you will understand how different they are. (not saying one is better than the other, different needs for different folks).

Aki

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
The full race item is a standalone system. It completely replaces the ATTESA ECU with their own ECU which directly controls the clutch pack. You can buy them from the traders section of this forum.

FWIW I think that the most interesting item is the Ruzic controller. If I understand it it will completely change the operation of the clutch pack with user configerable maps. As I understand it you could have an R32 behave like an R33/34 and preload the front wheels.

http://topsecret.net.au/ruzicengineering/ATTESA%20Controller%20II%20Brochure.pdf

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The full race item is a standalone system. It completely replaces the ATTESA ECU with their own ECU which directly controls the clutch pack. You can buy them from the traders section of this forum.

FWIW I think that the most interesting item is the Ruzic controller. If I understand it it will completely change the operation of the clutch pack with user configerable maps. As I understand it you could have an R32 behave like an R33/34 and preload the front wheels.

http://topsecret.net.au/ruzicengineering/ATTESA%20Controller%20II%20Brochure.pdf
If you want a real easy way to make the R32 handle more like the later models, fit an inline pressure relief valve to the return pipe to the ATTESA reservoir.
Works a dream. At least my doing that you do not have do buy a controller that you do not know what it does. There are controllers out there with clear instruction and no horse crap. I appreciate some think japanese originated equipment is best, but some people want to know actually what they are buying.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you want a real easy way to make the R32 handle more like the later models, fit an inline pressure relief valve to the return pipe to the ATTESA reservoir.
Works a dream. At least my doing that you do not have do buy a controller that you do not know what it does. There are controllers out there with clear instruction and no horse crap. I appreciate some think japanese originated equipment is best, but some people want to know actually what they are buying.
Why are you so skeptical when it comes to the JDM G-Force sensors? There have been quite a few people that have them that have noticed a positive change in how their GT-R handles as a result. What more proof do you need to show that they actually work?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Why are you so skeptical when it comes to the JDM G-Force sensors? There have been quite a few people that have them that have noticed a positive change in how their GT-R handles as a result. What more proof do you need to show that they actually work?
None, I'm sold pal. Where do I get one?

·
Registered
26,777 Posts
Aki, good to see you at TAS,

il drop you aline as looking to upgrade the g-sensor, so we can chat

hope the new job going ok buddy

:)

email inbound.

on a side note, also interested on the spray on protector !

141 - 160 of 181 Posts