GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From bulkhead to slam panel and width between both inner wings, what are the dimentions of a GTR bay?

Also, how tall is a GTR engine? From bottom of sump, im guessing not that tall as they high revving so fairly short stroke (and 6cyls and only 2.6litre so long but shallow).
Also how long? (can say width too, but not so important)

Finally, how much roughly is a second hand GTR engine (no manifolds, or turbos, jus block n head), gearbox, diffs, driveshafts, and associated wiring?
Seen s/h parts sold in Oz etc, but no idea about UK.

Ta

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Come on Steve

Just buy a bloody Skyline and have done with it :D .

I'd love an RS500 with complete Skyline running gear though :smokin: ;) .

Glen

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[email protected] ;) ;) you know me too well :D

Nah, this a mix of genuinley "jus outa interest" and the fact that im not into "what" car i own, jus its performance (tho i dont like kitcar looking things, even if they awesome performance). Ive stopped doing anything major to my car while i decide what my next plan of action should be (no point spending more if gona sell up and not gona be able get anymore money from the new mods).

Whatever car i own it will be stripped n caged up for as light as poss, and then some serious engine work, so itd only be a R32, and not a minter than mint one, as id bin most the bits before long!

An ideal one would be an ex race/drag R32, or a cheap but tidy R32 in need of engine/transmission work, jus finding one isnt that easy.

Or if it worked out cheaper as dont care what car i own, jus how it goes....

A black stripped n caged 3dr cossie, already as light as poss, coilovers n big brakes (which luckily i already own that exact car! lol), jus needing a thundersaloon kit for clearance of some mega wide wheels and a RB26 and the assiciated 4wd transmission.... :D :smokin: :D :smokin: :D :smokin:

I could do more to the cossie, but Skylines jus got soooooo much more potential :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts