GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to start .

For mapping, support, diagnostic, general help this guy is amazing I've had so many issues with this car that I could not of fixed without his help and he has transformed my car to a proper weapon.

So if you want all of the above contact this guy always willing to help the guys a legend.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Where to start .

For mapping, support, diagnostic, general help this guy is amazing I've had so many issues with this car that I could not of fixed without his help and he has transformed my car to a proper weapon.

So if you want all of the above contact this guy always willing to help the guys a legend.

He tuned my car and I did an extensive write up on him comparing him to Litchfield, Linney, etc. Outside of the Racecal guy Romain these two are the best if you look at the total package e.g skills and after service support. I have reset my customer service marker based on these two when I looked to build my car.

SVM told me to go with him and due to various stories (on here) I took it with a pinch of salt I now have learnt my lesson. Even now months after Ive done my tune I can txt him to discuss something and he always responds, no ghosting here...... Read more in this thread 820-1000bhp upgrade costs for R35

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He tuned my car and I did an extensive write up on him comparing him to Litchfield, Linney, etc. Outside of the Racecal guy Romain these two are the best if you look at the total package e.g skills and after service support. I have reset my customer service marker based on these two when I looked to build my car.

SVM told me to go with him and due to various stories (on here) I took it with a pinch of salt I now have learnt my lesson. Even now months after Ive done my tune I can txt him to discuss something and he always responds, no ghosting here...... Read more in this thread 820-1000bhp upgrade costs for R35
Yep seen your thread very interesting as mine has been with kr and linney never again. . I'm now getting my car sorted thanks to #dimidiagnostic then I can fix it.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Dimitri also works with Malia Motorsport in Northampton, Alex Malia looks after my GTR and several others from the Battalion group, both top lads.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you go here LINNEY TUNING LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

You can check out just where your money has been going for poor service.

View attachment 268975

So look to give your cash to companies that really value your service until they learn that in this day and age we all talk to each other and 1 person becomes 2 becomes 10, etc
Well that's interesting he had several company names . Maybe he should invest in some training and manners.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dimitri also works with Malia Motorsport in Northampton, Alex Malia looks after my GTR and several others from the Battalion group, both top lads.
I knew nothing about dimi before I used him or but I had heard of linney. Hence I went for linney that was a mistake.

But a few horror stories from linney have raised up so hopefully in the future people will read up and go to dimi I really can't fault him he's very professional and helpful .

·
Vendor
3,759 Posts
He probably feels ripping folk off for shoddy work is good ethics.

when I contacted them before he would'nt supply me with parts, I like to consider myself fair and offer a good customer service (no rude comments pls)😊

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
BTW Ive just sent Dimitri this link ;-). I was talking to him about mapping the syvecs AWD controller (the new one that's better than KAPS controller that Linney uses and within like a minute he is on the phone to me via facebook call and working on how he can assist!!!! Madness! Brilliant support!

·
Vendor
3,759 Posts
I’ve found something on Gtr heritage stating is does’nt need to be used alongside any of there ecu range.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Correct it is totally independent and can connect to ABS to get wheel slip info from individual wheels, you can down load the same Syvecs software from their site for free as well if you want to tune. I plan to fit it get an initial tune on it (from Dimitri) to focus mainly on 60ft, 0-60 and getting good traction. You then can have 3 maps if you want alied to the transmission buttons so you could have save for a low awd setting or even 2wd if you really wanted, normal mode and then an R mode for say track, drag, fast road.

You can also add a dial to the dash to dial the traction in or out based on your preference across 12 settings. You have 40 parameters to tune even down to tyres your using for calculating potential slip percentage!
You cant buy direct from Syvecs so getting SVM to order mine then I'll fit and add to the project page. BTW the KAPS controller was OK and better than stock (my opinion) the Syvecs just takes it on another step.

For details see here: AWD / 4WD Controller – R35GTR – Syvecs Powertrain Control

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BTW Ive just sent Dimitri this link ;-). I was talking to him about mapping the syvecs AWD controller (the new one that's better than KAPS controller that Linney uses and within like a minute he is on the phone to me via facebook call and working on how he can assist!!!! Madness! Brilliant support!
He's a proper tuner never had one like him in 12 yrs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How do remote tuners work from a rolling road perspective? Are they just base maps, drive with logging etc tweak and repeat? Or are they paired up with garages?. Outside of GTRs I always used EFi Tuning and Unicorn and loved them but you'd take the car too them on a base map and they had a RR for tweaks and mapping followed by power runs. I’d love to find that sort of setup again where I can do the work myself and work with someone to tune.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Dimitri is your man, you can do both rolling road and on road but probably need an airfield, private road or similar. If ecutek you can drive on rolling road send the logs directly from your phone to him he looks at them and tweak. On road you will hard launch from first and keep accelerating till you get to 4th gear, etc (see above for disclaimer). Again send the map. If Syvecs I think it has live tuning (Ecutek does as well) so can tune on the fly.

Im setting mine up so I can tune as much as possible (basics) So ecutek clutch capacity, touchpoints, launch rpm, BOTL, boost by gear (1st, second, etc), target boost level, etc and then the AWD controller. Should give you most you need. Finishing touches are of course tyres and suspension!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
How do remote tuners work from a rolling road perspective? Are they just base maps, drive with logging etc tweak and repeat? Or are they paired up with garages?. Outside of GTRs I always used EFi Tuning and Unicorn and loved them but you'd take the car too them on a base map and they had a RR for tweaks and mapping followed by power runs. I’d love to find that sort of setup again where I can do the work myself and work with someone to tune.
I contacted dimi who wrote a base map.

A guy near has a usb key an agent if you want he came to me we loaded the map done some leisurely driving.

a few faults to sort with the car that linney didn't pick up just mapped on them idiot.

Got all that sorted then I've been logging chating with dimi now pretty much sorted.

As mines an 09 I can't flash from a phone due to no vin num on the ecu so I've borrowed the USB to load new maps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts