GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T that I have, about 80% of the time when my speedometer reads over 110km/h, this weird ding dong.....ding dong.....ding dong sounds starts ringing. Is this common to all skyline gts-t's? or is there something wrong with my car. Also every once in awhile, when i'm on the highway about 20% of the time, the HICAS light comes on in my dash. what does that mean? I know it's the all-wheel steering thing, but why does the light come on?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but that noise stays on throughout the whole way over the 110km/h mark and it doesn't always come on, only 80% of the time.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
yep, that's the speed limit warning you're hearing. My HICAS light comes on too at highways speeds, usually about 30-40min into a trip. Haven't a clue as to why (same car - R32 w/RB20DET). What's odd is that my R32 GTR has the same ding-dong that comes on, but only over 160kph. No HICAS problems on that car - dumped all that crap and stuck in a HICAS eliminator bar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok, thanks kismetcapitan. When that HICAS light came on it scared me cuz i thought something was wrong. I never knew that R32 GTS-T had HICAS, i thought it was only the GTR's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.