GTR Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ah you meant the smoking?
Someone did tell me you could get excessive crankcase pressure from a terribly ruined turbo (I speculated some kind of air pressure down oil drain line?!)

·
Registered
492 Posts
My dipstick has been blowing out quite a lot and the engine is fine. It also has an oil filter relocation kit and oil cooler fitted.
The problem I have is you cant pull it out straight so its resulted in the rubber seal at the end being worn away so its loose. I have poped a bit of tape round the end that did the job then used a cable tie to keep it in. think crimping the tube slightly is a good idea as its a bit hard fitting spring clips.

I noticed during a trip to RC the other day they use springs and so do quite a few racing Honda's I have seen.

·
Super Moderator
31,343 Posts
well

took downpipes off last night

front one is covered in oil

take off top pipes and massive amounts of play in the front turbo.

so, a failing oil seal on a turbo CAN seemingly make the dipstick pop out

mook

·
Registered
492 Posts
Famous last words.

Keep a good eye on it mate :eek:

gotmyfingerscrossedsmilie :popcorn: :chuckle:

It is very obvious on mine as you can feel how easy the stick goes in and out of the tube. Its all down to wear due to the position of the filter block. Just made me think that as the fella said he had an oil cooler fitted and they normally go on together with a relocation kit.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well engine still seems OK except for the fact I have probly blown a small hole in one of the manifold gaskets!

I fitted a oil catch tank and when running 1 bar on the track I get alot of oil in the tank. Ive looked at and read many post etc and after talking to Tim Barks we probly think the engine hasnt had an oil restrictor fitted when it was rebuilt and thus I have the common problem of oil gathering in the head.

Im still not losing any oil and I have kept the dip stick in with tape. I hope to check plugs, breathers, etc befor I put the car in for body work next month. And when I get it back I think Ill paya a visit to Rod Bell for a leak down test befor I start doing major mods to the engine.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts