GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has a dirty arse. The flames, heat, unburnt fuel or whatever are scorching/staining the back of my car. Most of it seems to T-Cut off, but there is still a yellow colour to the white paint around the exhaust. Short of having a big ugly silver plate is there anything I can do prevent this? Or will I just have to put up with it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
thats what you get for having 550 ponies dude.

Try the white polish stuff similar to T cut as it will help to remove the discolour. I think the Turtle wax stuff is the best for white cars.

How is the beast? I went out in it at 1.4 bar with Alan from dragon and it was quite worrying!!!

Nick

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks for that advice there Nick will give it a go on mine also....

Although i am using T-Cut virtually daily....

Flames are the nuts to watch like!! but like with everything i suppose there is a down side also!!!:D

Stu

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Nick, I guess a trip to Halfords is in order for me then. The car is running fine, and you are right it is quite scary at 1.4bar, although I tend to run it on 1.2bar (scary enough)most of the time for longevity (of my life, not the engine's ;) ).

Stu, you are right, the flames are cool , If I had to decide between the flames and a clean arse :eek:, it would be the flames every time. :D

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Flames....

Yeah I saw the car on the rollers at TJ at the last one and you should have seen the back fire of flames when he came off the gas. Sweet. And it made over 550BHP before our eyes.

Trouble is with Tcut is the it already has a yellow residue look to it so it does you no favours at all on white cars. I think the turtle wax stuff is like white T cut/Polish.

That is one quick car!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
How to get the Back end clean!

Most of the Problem is staining from the fuel not the flames!

Try Jif Or Zif Bath room Foam And if you get the lemon it has the added bonus of smelling good!!

Spray on and wait till it go's dirty then rince, works for me and as its safe on the old bath tube it must be OK for the Car as well

I have been using it for Years

Another trick from the Kitchen Cupbord is Mr Musle Oven cleaner this must only be used on the your rims not On any Body paint work, if you don't belive me just have a look at what wonder wheels has in it and then check out Mr Musle Oven cleanr!!

Happy cleaning

Bruce :D :cool:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bruce ...

Did a wonderfull job cleaning my wheels with oven cleaner!

I can vouch he knows what he's talking about.....

Weston:D

·
Registered
248 Posts
NNNNOOOOOOOO Jif TCut No no no :eek:. They contain heavy acidic elements you need some proper cleanser not autoglym either as it contains a high chalk content which leaves the car wash swirls seen on rep mobiles.

Try Zymol cleanse or Wax Wizard Cleanse 3 or 4 they use alot of natural based products such as dilemolene and are very easy to apply and maintain. You should even consider a clay bar depending on the extent of the discolouring then use a high content carnuga wax which spreads like butter and will protect your paint work better than anything. I highly recommend Wax Wizard Teflon or Mystery waxes very expensive but you will not believe the results I promise you.

I have spent along time learning my car cleaning stuff sad very very very:p

SJD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts