GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Havn't had time to be on here much lately, firstly thanks to all for your kind comments regarding 666, it's still running fine, apart from the fact that the night before its run, it shreded another clutch plate. Good old HKS triples, that's the second time it's done it but this time it took out the bellhousing so the box is out awaiting new b\h. Still, I have a spare clutch plate and gear box, so was only off the road for a few hours :D

Anyway, the reson for this post is ask you all what colour your tail pipe is? I want to use this info for a project I am working on,
I am also going to bragg like hell now.

Using only OPTIMAX petrol, I got home tonight after doing some tuning (can't afford a dyno yet) where I had the car running flat out in every gear everywere clinching 10500 rpm 1.8 bar boost without any popping or banging... SWEET :smokin:
Shone a torch into my exhaust system and to my absolute joy, it was the most beautiful GREY all down as far as I could see,
so I am well chuffed.

Also, for everybody's infomation, I tried an experiment with CERRACOTE in the standard gear box. It was treated and mixed with MOTUL gear 300 synth and run for 1000 mls. It was drained out completley and I ran my car testing every night 1 tank of juice for 8 DAYS, and low and behold it still lives! I have now put MOTUL only back in and will drive as I always do and see how long the gearbox lasts, bearing in mind 666 has destroyed 2 gearboxes very fast, it will be very interesting to see if it makes a difference. By rights, it should have destroyed the gear box in minutes, I will keep you posted
Gary
GT-ART
THE FUTURETIVE
putting the GT back in the R:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes

yes brenan you read that right, it still lives;)

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Gary,

I'll ask this although I'm not 100% confident you'll answer it... ;) What a/f ratio are you running at to get your grey pipe? Mine is black but I do know she's running rich at between 10 and 11.

No oil in your gearbox! :eek:

Ta.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THE FUTURETIVE

A blend of oils is the secret, a bit like making wine really
do you want some.
the Gear box still lives.
Gary

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
CERRACOTE

Gary,

What is CERRACOTE, the name suggests it's some kind of coating, Teflon perhaps?

I would have thought that the oil in the gearbox assists in the removal of heat generated at the load points and would have contributed to the longevity of the internal components.

·
Registered
529 Posts
ooh ahh look whats up me JAP-eye

Gary, Peter
I've now seen it all
You sad gits.....I havn't stopped laughing
What next......"Look at the spray patern on my injectors!!!"
Hysterical wroestar

Ps/ I must admit they both look mighty fine.....veritable works of art (well one GT-art at least)
Why don't you both put a portfolio together entitled, "look whats up my pipe" and enter it into that ponsy arts awards (you know that Tracy Emin/Damian Hurst thing).......you are bound to win, lets face it if a recreation of some scrawny tarts filthy bedroom and a sheep cut in half can win it......you both stand a more than reasonable chance
Sorry I'll stop now:D

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Dead right....

Jon,

It's true, I really am a sad git when it comes to anything Skyline. This bloody car has almost taken over my life.

You know that well known fact that men think about sex every, what is it, 5 seconds? Well I think about Skylines more than that! Is there a cure known to man? Should I sell the 33, should I have more sex, should I seek counselling.....

Peter.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SKYLINE LIFE

Yep I am afraid you are right wrostar, I fit in this catagory of sad git all too well, I even questioned this with my fiancee and in the words of mark and lard it was STOP.....................................................................................................................................CARRY ON:D
Gary

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Phil,

Chance would be a fine thing! BTW, never got that mail about safe boost levels on stock turbos but it seems that soon won't matter to me any more.

Having had a couple of mails saying that my exhaust shouldn't be grey on Optimax (super UN leaded), I've got to own up to my pipe not being grey at all, :eek: it's as black as something which is really very black, it was the flash which made it look that colour...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yes the flash

Yeah,
I took half a dozen pics of my pipe on Saturday.
Most looked fairly grey.
One looked very grey.
It was the flash...though I think the pipe has become less black lately

·
Registered
529 Posts
The truth is out!!!!!!

Peter, Ged
So you're both fraudsters then!!!!!
Should make you a welcome member to the modern art world then
philestein wroestar:smokin:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts