GTR Forum banner

do you class your self as disabled

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I don't think there's too many but I take your point. There are way too many abusers and people who can't wait to get the orange badge even though they really shouldn't qualify. You're right though, one second in time is all it takes, so we should be grateful for what we have.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I was going to write something like that but couldn't be bothered and didn't want to insult turbob12 incase he fitted into one of these categories.
Remember it could only take one accident or for u to be in wrong place at the wrong time for u to be needing one of these spaces, and then u wouldn't think there was too many!
I'm not insulted and never park in disabled spaces, it's one of the things that really annoy me actually. This was an attempt at humour which you've taken the wrong way. However, I don't think that disabled people should be treated differently than anyone else.

Both myself and some of my mates have been in enough bike crashes (where the fault has always been that of the car driver hitting us) over the years to know how easily serious accidents can happen.

·
Registered
930 Posts
they take the spaces all the time and as far as i can see they are all too lazy to park in the normal spaces
I have to agree I have never understood why somebody in a wheelchair needs a space closer to the door than somebody actually walking to the shop, even worse if the wheelchair is electric!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have to agree I have never understood why somebody in a wheelchair needs a space closer to the door than somebody actually walking to the shop, even worse if the wheelchair is electric!
I was on about normal people m8

I my self have got a disability

Aurtism and parshly sighted

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Oh, I forgot about this one, Has it really been a year since I stopped on the meds ? seems like it was only weeks ago. While the past year has had its ups and downs its generally been good :) Apart from the recent thing with meniers that is, But I can handle that ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
One more here.
Genetic connective tissue disorder. R32 almost here from Newera. No specific adaptations needed just yet, but I'm eyeing up the bigger Nismo clutch slave cylinder if my left leg gets a bit overworked in traffic...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Another here.
TBI and multiple injuries from a bike accident 10 years ago. I love cleaning my car as well as driving it but it's getting harder and harder to do both with time :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another one here: incomplete spinal cord injury at 1st lumbar level. Jumped off a 70-foot bridge in the army and am now paralysed from the knees down. My R35 is standard and I'm looking into getting my race licence (although for all us with serious disabilities the medical process is a real hassle!).

Just got back from a brilliant track day at Castle Combe yesterday. Took my sister along with me too: not sure too many people can say they had their first track experience in not only a GTR but a GTR that they've never driven before!

61 - 80 of 82 Posts