GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really struggling in an area i dont really know much about.after refurbing the wheels on my car i had over looked the fact that my discs are really basic looking behind the new rims.its a 34gtr.
i have searched threw the jap sites and found the garage sarus big rotor kit with caliper extensions,but i really like the look of the split disk like PROJECT MU.
so....what i really need to know...is there any company who makes a big rotor split disk that would fill out the std 34 rims,front and rear on a std 34 gtr while still using the brembo 4 pots(seems a shame to dump them)
i dont even know what the biggest size of disk i can fit to this set up.i really like the idea of fitting after market bits from japan,rather than european or american manufactured items.and a uk dealer link would be great!
any help would be much appreciated.thanks in advance
gary

project MU rotors

garage sarus rotor

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
First I think you should research what size maximum rotor fits the standard R34 wheel. Probably the 355mm size, but can't be sure.

If you want to keep the Brembo calipers, there are "offset" kits which allow use of those calipers with rotors larger than the standard F:324mm /R:297mm (320mm rears on the later R34s GTRs). But these can be pricey (and frankly, I was not sure if it would work as well - smaller sweep area than a caliper designed for the larger size), I think I concluded that, rather than go with those offset kits, to go ahead and get the caliper upgrade. Can't remember the pricing at the moment, sorry, but it was only a few hundred dollars more, at least for this company (in my situation, I was researching rear brakes).
Biot�@FRONT BRAKE OFFSET KIT -ƒtƒ�ƒ“ƒgƒuƒŒ�[ƒLƒIƒtƒZƒbƒgƒLƒbƒg-

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The rotor upgrade kit for the rear is really nice, however if you go with that I'd recommend getting a front full brake upgrade kit. The reason is, with the Garage Saurus kit you can go up to a 350mm rotor, so if you keep the stock front rotor size they will be 324mm.

I'd recommend a nice front kit from Endless, Project Mu, ORC or HKS. ORC has some nice pricing with big 355mm 2 piece rotors, 6 pot calipers, pads and lines for 375,900 JPY (about 2,604 GBP).
Endless also has nice kits like the 6 pot kit with 2 piece 355mm rotors, 6 pot calipers, pads and lines for 417,900 JPY (about 2,895 GBP)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts