GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok front discs gone, ap or alcon? what difference do the 400 discs give are the pads larger or is it just heat dispurtion. No track days just spirited driving. Best pads. Whos the best to buy from

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Alcon 400 gets my vote, along with pagid rs29 pads.

Great for every day and spirited drives. We're good on the sprint I did always.

I had DBA discs on my evo which were great, but sadly they didn't last long

·
Registered
469 Posts
DBA have a new T3 design rotor which we are going to put to the test at the UK's toughest circuit on brakes. We have an R35 with reasonable power and a competitive driver willing to test the DBA rotors for us. We are using a pad that we feel will give plenty of feedback, it will be a good test for the DBA rotors.
It will be 1st of March at Knockhill if anyone wants to join us.

Jayson will you be there? Your opinion will be appreciated :)

Rich

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Go for Alcon you won't be disappointed.
Many options available depends of your budget.

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
DBA have a new T3 design rotor which we are going to put to the test at the UK's toughest circuit on brakes. We have an R35 with reasonable power and a competitive driver willing to test the DBA rotors for us. We are using a pad that we feel will give plenty of feedback, it will be a good test for the DBA rotors.
It will be 1st of March at Knockhill if anyone wants to join us.

Jayson will you be there? Your opinion will be appreciated :)

Rich
Hi Rich,

If I'm not offshore I'll be down to watch

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok front discs gone, ap or alcon? what difference do the 400 discs give are the pads larger or is it just heat dispurtion. No track days just spirited driving. Best pads. Whos the best to buy from
I'm in the same situation as this as well. I had a quick look at the thread by Mrw after I searched about 400mm discs and any modifications required - didn't find an answer there but spoke with a guy at Litchfields sales who said they were a straight fit.

As I don't track my car he reccomended just going for the direct replacement 390mm Alcon discs. They are 585 for a pair (not including the dreaded VAT and p&p) and use the existing OE bells. For info, the 400mm discs come with new bells and are a whopping 535 each (not including the dreaded VAT and p&p)! So almost double the price....

I spoke with Techcraft (AP stockist and who help us out with bits and pieces for our hillclimb car), they can do the AP Racing J Hook 2011 on 390mm discs and new bells for 709 (not including the dreaded VAT and p&p) as an alternative and cost comparison.

So for normal, spirited, road driving the 390mm Alcons look the best value for money as they use the OE bells - the AP discs by themselves were the same cost but they require new bells - different lug pattern to the OE discs apparently.

Pad choice is another quandary tho... Too many options and everyone has their own preference (mine is DS2500s).

HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts