GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, this is going to sound REALLY daft but are there any things to look out for when I disconnect the battery on my R32 GTR??. I seem to remember something about keeping the wheel sstraight for the HICAS. I've also got a PFC. I dont suppose the maps will be wiped if I disconnect pFC from battery will they??.
Doh, I feel daft for even asking this (being an ex-mechanic and all!!):chairshot :chairshot :chairshot

Cheers,
TT

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nik, Unfortunately I never inherited the manual for the PFC when I got the car :eek:

TT

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Would just like to add on to this post, is there anything else you have to do on a GTR when disconnecting the battery?
Why do you have to make sure that the wheels are straight?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Unless there is some reason why you need to cut the power, these modern jump packs can be plugged into the *** lighter to keep all the systems active while you disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
HICAS, alarm/immob and stereo. If your stereo is coded then it may request the passcode on restart - better be sure you have it. Some older Alarms/Immobs can act a bit funny when the battery is disconnected/reconnected.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
HICAS is a pain i think, mine is getting locked out very soon, just have to realise how to override the warning light coming on the dash when i disconnect it.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
If your wheels are not straight when you connect the battery back up, the ecu will think that you are turning at the wrong time. You tend to find that the car starts to crab as you accelerate. Once you have done it, you will know what I mean. It is not nice. You will only do it once and then drive home slowly to reset it!

The hicas gives the car a quicker turn in to corners by first opposite locking and then turning in the back wheels by a few degrees. Whilst this does give a novice driver the chance to really drive the car fast around a track, most of us are fairly good at chucking the car around anyway. It used to feel like I was losing the back end of my car when I was not which put me off. So I got it disconnected.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts