GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just been speaking to Mark at Bespoke Auto Tech. He says he's happy to give a tidy discount to a group of 3 or more. If there's enough people interested it should just be a matter of coordinating all at time & place. I have the space & would be only too happy to lay on tasty refreshments. Only thing is I'm on the south coast so not too central.
Geoff

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is correct I will offer a discount to any group bookings..

Ideally 3 or more at a time.. in one place for fitting on one day..

These groups can be anywhere as long as all vehicles are there at the same time as there will be more than one member of my team fitting on the day.

The more in the group the better the discount.. and so on

for instance a group of 5 recently had front and rear cameras fitted in London and they received a considerable discount.

Please I wont be posting the discount rates as these will vary dependant on the size of the group and the options being fitted.

With the group bookings I will also be offering discount on other accessories.

Thanks Mark

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm interested, but mine is a non-nav car; any problems? I think you said that is ok Mark?

Would also like a USB point (or cable) fitting as long as an iPod would be pluggable? I'm pretty sure you mentioned previously that this wouldn't be a problem......

A trip to the south coast from Town sounds like a hoot!

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Non Nav cars shouldn't be a problem I can do them as everyone else has been with the RGB splitter .. not the most ideal way of doing it.. although I am working on a kit similar to the Nav kit that I have this should be a simple plug in kit (front and rear ?)

as for the iPod / USB this should be ready soon and if there is allot of interest I will try and bring this forward..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Im very interested in this for a non-nav car, south coast is not a problem.

How would it work, would both come on when reverse is engaged?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks like this may take some organisation

maybe if there are people that are interested and have space (preferably some undercover) for this to be done.. please contact me with some details and dates then I can get these set as dates and get some bookings around this..

So lets get the dates and locations set, get these posted then if people can contact me to get a booking form I will try and get someone here to organise and make the bookings..

Or if anyone can come back with 3-5 bookings and a location and date then that would make things easier for me..

I will most probably take some kind of deposit to confirm the bookings (I don't really want to get to a booking of 4 or 5 to find its a 2 with heavy discount) if this make sense..

I know that Geoff has space and is willing as is Robbie....

·
Registered
28 Posts
The front and rear camera system has two switches located in the top of the small recess above the bonnet release, the left hand switches between fully automatic (when reverse gear is selected) and manual override and the right hand switch toggles between front and rear image, so both images can be viewed in either automatic (reverse gear engaged) or manual modes.

Please see the images through the link below..

MobileMe Gallery

·
Registered
28 Posts

Rear camera mounting

Front camera mounting (this picture shows the tempory brackets) please see the new bespoke front camera brackets.

Rear view image

Front view image

Camera image settings (these can all be adjusted via the touch screen)
This function is only available on NAV cars at the moment we are working on the NON NAV system..

Switch locations (the left switches between Auto and manual mode and the right switches between front and rear image) when both switches are in the backward position the camera is set to Automatic rear view. (so the rear image will be shown when reverse gear is selected.. (with the switches in the position shown in the picture this is set to Automatic front view..)

This is the new bespoke front camera bracket (it will be painted) this clips into the front grill and the camera bolts through the grill providing a secure mounting of the front camera..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't as there hasn't been that much demand for it..

Doing it the way that everyone else is with the RGB splitter then the image wont be quiet as good although I do have a good quality RGB interface.. but I am working on the kit that will be similar to the NAV car kit and should give a better image and possibly the camera image settings (if it is doable).. I do have the kits for JDM cars ready to go and am working on the JDM front camera add on.. but am still working on the UK Non Nav version..

Guess id better get a move on..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Couple more questions if you don't mind...

1. If you switch on the manual setting, does this permanently put the camera view on-screen (until switching back to auto)? If so, I guess to use the front camera when going forward, you need to switch into manual and select front (as auto is only for reversing)?

2. Is the front view low enough to see the front splitter distance from a kerb? Also, I'm guessing those switches need additional holes made in that location under the dash?

Thanks vm

·
Registered
28 Posts
Couple more questions if you don't mind...

1. If you switch on the manual setting, does this permanently put the camera view on-screen (until switching back to auto)? If so, I guess to use the front camera when going forward, you need to switch into manual and select front (as auto is only for reversing)?

2. Is the front view low enough to see the front splitter distance from a kerb? Also, I'm guessing those switches need additional holes made in that location under the dash?

Thanks vm
You can have either front or rear image's in both auto and manual modes so you can have the rear image on whilst going forward or the front image on when going backwards....

Both switches back = Auto Rear view
Left switch back and Right switch forward = Auto Front view
Both switches forward = Manual Front view
Left switch forward and Right switch back = Manual Rear view

Hope this isn't too confusing..

We did mount the camera under the number plate on the first front view camera systems, but this was too low and we moved them all up to the top..
We can if you want mount the camera lower down if you want just ask when booking..

Yes there will need to be two holes cut into the top of the panel (but we are very careful..)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts