GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Anyone know of anywhere to get discs and pads for the R35. I'm wanting a full set in readiness.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
AP´s are relativ cheap and work good.....i allready ordered AP´s ;)

Just need a car where i can put them on:sadwavey:

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Does anyone know the cost of new Nissan brake pads? I am just having my GTR serviced for the first time after the Optimising service and just received a call saying they reckon it needs new brake pads all round. I have only covered 6000 miles including only one trackday round the Nordschliffe(after which I had the car checked). Surely brake pads should last longer than 6000 miles or is it normal with the GTR? The HPC over here in Germany has quoted me 900 Euros (about 800 GPB) for the Front and 750 Euros (approx 700 GPB) for the rear. Any ideas. I do feel there must have been a fault for them to go so soon or is this normal??

:mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Does anyone know the cost of new Nissan brake pads? I am just having my GTR serviced for the first time after the Optimising service and just received a call saying they reckon it needs new brake pads all round. I have only covered 6000 miles including only one trackday round the Nordschliffe(after which I had the car checked). Surely brake pads should last longer than 6000 miles or is it normal with the GTR? The HPC over here in Germany has quoted me 900 Euros (about 800 GPB) for the Front and 750 Euros (approx 700 GPB) for the rear. Any ideas. I do feel there must have been a fault for them to go so soon or is this normal??

If you've only done one trackday and it was at the Nordschleife (not actually that hard on brakes), then I can't understand why they need changing so soon.

For some cars with long service intervals, they like to change them once more than half worn as it might be a long time before they see your car again, but with the GT-R it's every 6 months minimum.

Speak to Middlehurst or GTC (Ben Linney) for pad options. The prices you've been quoted are crazy and they are for run of the mill road pads.
I think you'll find the weak Pound will work in your favour too...

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
I have a set of Brembo's for sale !!! Discs, pads and calipers THE WORKS !!!

·
Registered
690 Posts

My RS4 went into Audi for a service and they said it needed new pads. I took it to another dealer and they said they still had 40% of life! Does the GTR not have a brake pad wear warning light?

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
As I say, I have a complete set of BRAND NEW never been fitted Pads and Discs for sale and also a set of second hand discs pads and Brembo calipers !!!! PM me mate if you want to save money !!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My RS4 went into Audi for a service and they said it needed new pads. I took it to another dealer and they said they still had 40% of life! Does the GTR not have a brake pad wear warning light?
Yes it does but the pads don't have to be changed at the service, they can be done anytime, like when they are worn out!.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Apparently the pads have split away from the metal part of the pads. The mechanic is insistant it is my driving style and the brakes have got too hot which has caused the damage. I had the car checked after my Nordschliffe day and everything was OK. I know the speeds over here in Germany are far greater than UK, but to have cooked the brakes does make the services very expensive. I will be expressing my displeasure to Nissan GB shortly and also try and find out why the parts are so expensive. Surely this will only make owners go to independant garages rather than the HPC as recommended.

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
PM replied !!!

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Paul

PM Me

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
After a lot of "erring" about the BRAND NEW set or 4 Disc's and Pads are still for sale as are the second hand, only covered 3000 miles set of Disc's, pads and Brembo CALIPERS !!!

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Still up for grabs !!!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts