GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appalling treatment from two Nissan dealerships so far. Leeds Nissan had my deposit on the car and they sold the car and no answer how it got sold when I had deposit on it. Then yesterday had an agreement with Exeter Nissan with sales manager called Luke Young, was waiting for email with bank details so could put deposit on the car but received a call after 20 mins to say somebody else put deposit and he didn’t know. Amazing that transaction of 80k plus go passed the nose of sales manager unnoticed. Disgusting service and pure money grabbing - only selling to the highest bidder regardless what has already been agreed.
Seems like they are taking massive advantage of COVID lockdown by taking deposit from multiple potential buyers and then see who pays the highest.
Has anybody been in that situation??
Now even longer wait for me and probably until next year 😏

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm really surprised with Exeter Nissan as they were really good to deal with when I bought my MY17 GTR. Mind you it was pre covid!

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Appalling treatment from two Nissan dealerships so far. Leeds Nissan had my deposit on the car and they sold the car and no answer how it got sold when I had deposit on it. Then yesterday had an agreement with Exeter Nissan with sales manager called Luke Young, was waiting for email with bank details so could put deposit on the car but received a call after 20 mins to say somebody else put deposit and he didn’t know. Amazing that transaction of 80k plus go passed the nose of sales manager unnoticed. Disgusting service and pure money grabbing - only selling to the highest bidder regardless what has already been agreed.
Seems like they are taking massive advantage of COVID lockdown by taking deposit from multiple potential buyers and then see who pays the highest.
I would get in touch with John Allan at nobles.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
I bought my17 Katsura Orange from Nobels in Edinburgh and they were lovely until i bought the car from them and there was a mark on the cars roof when they delivered it to me and they became funny on the phone and tried to blame me, i was annoyed with the owners attitude he's a total nob head, John Allen was a nice chap and i don't have a bad word to say about him. He was sincere from start to finish.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don’t rate noble either and they didn’t have the best deals when I was looking. Aberdeen Nissan for me I would only deal with the manager whos Happy to help

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm amazed at Exeter too, I had the best service from Darren there when I bought my GTR last year. Obviously things have changed. Hope you get one soon buddy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think they all were good until COVID
I'm amazed at Exeter too, I had the best service from Darren there when I bought my GTR last year. Obviously things have changed. Hope you get one soon buddy.
Cheers pal, I have put an order expecting March or mid April so can’t wait 😜

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think they were all nice in person before COVID , Most Nissan dealerships have gone greedy and taking full advantage of lock down. These cars are rare so the highest bidder gets it regardless of deposit taken to secure the car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought my17 Katsura Orange from Nobels in Edinburgh and they were lovely until i bought the car from them and there was a mark on the cars roof when they delivered it to me and they became funny on the phone and tried to blame me, i was annoyed with the owners attitude he's a total nob head, John Allen was a nice chap and i don't have a bad word to say about him. He was sincere from start to finish.
What was the outcome of that mark on the roof? Did it get sorted

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
I ended up getting it sorted out myself by a detailer in Birmingham. I definitely wouldn't buy from them again total nobs

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Personally I think your making a big mistake ordering anything for next year time because of the covid situation and the idiot government implementing lock downs willy nilly, the speculation is that the lock down will most likely carry on through to next spring and possibly longer,and knowing the stealers they will take advantage of it and say sorry we are closed. Anyway it's your choice so good luck with that. Personally I wouldn't even order a chewing gum for next year the way things are going.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts