GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

In light of the recent issues some R35 owners have seen (http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/406969-warning-check-your-security-where-your-gtr-parked.html), I spoke to Mook on here and Ross on the GTROC about the possibility of a Group Buy for a Disklok Steering Wheel lock. Diskloks are Thatcham accredited (details on their website) and add a visual deterrent. Both Mook and Ross were happy to proceed with a Group Buy.

After receiving what seemed like a reasonable offer from Disklok, a quick check of their website showed that they are currently running a Combi Deal, which is a considerably better deal than the Group Buy deal they offered us. As such, I won't be looking to run a Group Buy at this time but I wanted to inform you of this deal, in case anyone wishes to purchase one of these items.

The Combi Deal only runs until this Sunday, 6th December 2015, and is priced at £79.99 with free delivery (Disklok Combo Deal | Disklok). The deal includes small Disklok in silver (RRP £99.99), a steering wheel (protection) cover (RRP £4.99) and a storage case for the Disklok (RRP £8.99).

This is obviously a considerable saving; almost £34!!!

You can call Disklok to check but I have been reliably informed that both the Skyline GTRs and the R35 GTR require the small Disklok with the standard fitment (not wide).

Anyway, I hope that this is of some interest to somebody.

All the best!

Daz

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Thanks for putting in the leg work and the heads up on this offer Daz!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Anyway, I hope that this is of some interest to somebody.

All the best!

Daz
Just want to say a big thank you once more to Daz for posting up about this offer, Mine turned up this afternoon and I am very happy with it!:thumbsup:

Cheers!:cool:

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
IMO, a disklok works as well as a removable steering wheel. The people that steal your car as an oppertunity will be stopped by both. The ones that want to steal your car and actually use intelligence to rob your possession, will be stopped by neither.

Both are excellent deterrent to the former. I personally prefer a removable steering wheel, saves having a massive disklok moving about in your car...

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
maybe we need a 2017 Christmas deal on this Daz,...
But you were an active Forum Member back in 2015 Chronos, Why didn't you just buy one back then??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
But you were an active Forum Member back in 2015 Chronos, Why didn't you just buy one back then??? :confused:
not sure what happened.. [probably forgot about it in the rush :runaway:

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
not sure what happened.. probably forgot about it in the rush :runaway:
Better get writing off to Santa right now then so you don't forget this year matey! :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Anyone what jps??

Are you asking us what size a BNR34's steering wheel is...(which is 37cm or 370mm) or are you asking if the Category 3 Disklok's are genuinely Thatcham approved?
Hi sky,

I was asking....

anyone interested in a Disklok? more numbers, better discount. :)

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
These things are a pain to use and store.
After a while they start to cause wear to the steering wheel but if you keep your car outside of a garage over night they are probably a good idea.

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
These things are a pain to use and store.
After a while they start to cause wear to the steering wheel but if you keep your car outside of a garage over night they are probably a good idea.
3Rd world problems, Wooo wee fitting my disklok is suuuuch a hassle.... Well imagine the hassle, when your r35 has done a vanishing act! Suddenly, fitting a disklok doesn't feel such a hardship!

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
3Rd world problems, Wooo wee fitting my disklok is suuuuch a hassle.... Well imagine the hassle, when your r35 has done a vanishing act! Suddenly, fitting a disklok doesn't feel such a hardship!

The cars insured so its hardly a issue.

I've used those diskloks in the past and would sooner go without

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I have a couple of discount codes in case anyone is interested in buying a Discklok, or infact any product from the suppliers.

PM me.

Nothing in it for me - so if you don't want a Disklok - all cool here. :smokin:

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
The cars insured so its hardly a issue.

I've used those diskloks in the past and would sooner go without
it's the hassle of it being stolen!

- it saves on the hassle of insurance claim, and the time and stress it takes
- driving round in a ford fiesta 1.1 for 3 months whilst insurance goes thru
- the time it takes to get the ££ off the insurance
- finding a new replacement hassle
- modding the new replacement to your spec = lots of more ££ and time/hassle

I'd rather "Yes Sir, We have found your car, it's got some bumper and some alloy scuffing, but otherwise ok. We can deliver it back to you in 24 hours"

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
it's the hassle of it being stolen!

- it saves on the hassle of insurance claim, and the time and stress it takes
- driving round in a ford fiesta 1.1 for 3 months whilst insurance goes thru
- the time it takes to get the ££ off the insurance
- finding a new replacement hassle
- modding the new replacement to your spec = lots of more ££ and time/hassle

I'd rather "Yes Sir, We have found your car, it's got some bumper and some alloy scuffing, but otherwise ok. We can deliver it back to you in 24 hours"
I hear you but use that Disklok for a year and look at the trouble and damage to the steering wheel it causes.

Each to their own I guess

1 - 20 of 22 Posts