GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all - first real post here, apart from a couple of 'yes please' posts in the 'For Sale:' forum!

Since the 'Yes please' seems to have resulted in my being ready to pick up a car this weekend, I have a couple of questions...

I was wondering firstly, about a possible improvement that could be made to the forums. At the moment, if someone (like me) comes onto the board and asks a question, he's not immediately aware of previous answers that have already been given to the similar questions. I was wondering if there was room on here for a 'read-only' forum, that moderators could post good threads to - where they would remain as a sort of evolving FAQ, with everyone on the board ultimately contributing to the knowledge base.

I saw a post in here the other day about tyres - and I've a similar request to make of the board (I did read the post BTW, but it doesn't quite answer my question)

I need to buy some new tyres for the car I'm going to be picking up - and I want some opinions on the right ones to get.

My shortlist is this :

<table border=1>
<tr>
<td><font size="2">Bridgestone S02 PPs</font></td>
<td><font size="2">Ideal choice - but quite hard to come by these days I believe</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><font size="2">Bridgestone S03 PPs</font></td>
<td><font size="2">The logical alternative to the S02, but not everyone rates them, so - what do you think of them?</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><font size="2">Falken something or others ;)</font></td>
<td><font size="2">Saw this mentioned in the other posting, but don't know which variety I'm looking for. How do you rate 'em?</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><font size="2">Goodyear Eagle F1s</font></td>
<td><font size="2">Also saw this mentioned in the other post - would appreciate opinions on them too!</font></td>
</tr>
</table>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW - I have *no* idea how to get rid of all the huge gaps in that post. I saw you could use HTML, and I thought the tyre list needed a table - as soon as I chucked it in - all those huge gaps appeared - so sorry!

Bry

·
Registered
534 Posts
Table

It's to do with the way the PHP script builds the page and the global table sytle definitions :)

The search function is a good place to dig out info from the forum and from time to time I transplat info from the forums into the main www.gtr.co.uk site :)

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:rolleyes: Yeah - I had a look at the search function just after I posted, and lo and behold, I turned up a load of other tyre related threads that mostly answered my question... I guess I'm still in scoobynet mode, where the search function works 1 week in four :)

Bry

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
New Here!

So what we need is a button next to New Here on the forum. Pressing the button gives the search function! I guess most new members would rather ask first and search second. I did!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah. I'd rather have searched first and asked second - you tend to get more polite replies from people if you can demonstrate you have at least *tried* to do your home work...

It's just like I said - I'm more used to scoobynet (being an ex P1 owner) and the search function there just not working ;)

Bry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.