GTR Forum banner
181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Yes. Sold it with around 750 + BHP. Did not do rods or pistons

Sold the Coilovers, Pistons and roll bars.

Went back to a fast everyday car. GTR is to extreme for me. I wanted something Fast, comfy, practical and a car you could leave anywhere. With the GTR I was always paranoid what I did with it and where I left it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
yes.

Intake pipes are away on Feb to get fabricated. only 2 x 2" at the moment. getting 2 x 2.5" ones made. Then will be doing some sort of twin induction kit as the inlet side very restrictive.

Very difficult to find anything for the RS. No-one selling or willing to share info. That wont stop me though.

Biggest issue is the crap charge cooler design. Its tiny and no real room to make it any bigger.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
yup.

RS246.com

C7 RS6 section there is no project section. same username.

feel free to contribute. there are not many modders in the section

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just sat and read right through this thread (slow night offshore). A very good read. Love seeing that people do their own work on these from time to time.

Same as you, I don't like paying someone for something I can do myself and its nice to see that these cars aren't advanced alien technology that if you do DIY will spontaneously combust.

I won't be doing anything as in-depth as you though lol, more like some of the maintenace and repairs when necessary.
Always a worry about people being put off when the time comes to sell.

So in the end did you run with the OEM downpipes with cat removed? Did you just smash it out?
Do you think it would be possible to take out the guts with them in situ? (removing sensors first).

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·

DIY on them is easy enough, its only a Datsun at the end of the day:chuckle:

Yeah I gutted the standard pipes. As you say, just smashed them out. Not sure how credible an option gutting them on the car is. That would be very very difficult. I did look at it but decided against it.

Also getting them off is not so easy. Mine was an 09 car and I managed to snap 2 studs which in the end forced me down the big turbo route.

I miss that car. when I sold it I never thought twice but as time goes on I do fancy another one.

Slow night offshore I know how that feels!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just read your thread, fair play buddy. I was looking for the thread on your RS6 C7 on the RS246 but can't find it.

I am looking to go from a MRC stage 2 RS6 C6 V10 to a R35 GTR, I would also be modifying the R35 myself, looks much easier to work on compared to Audi RS :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
RS6 project never really happened. Bought some stuff then sold it all including the car. Tried something different did not like it so now in a new S7 black edition. Started a project on RS246 with that one. So far, induction kit and stage 1. De-catted downpipes bought yesterday for stage 2 then either RS6 turbos or tte800 not decided yet. Stumbling block for over 800bhp is crappy charge cooler. Not an easy fix.

My c6 was only stage one and crazy fast. You will deffo need to mod the gtr. Magic cars but not easy to use everyday. You will love it

·
Registered
202 Posts
ive just read this from start to finish too, great project. I agree with andy the rs cars are a pain in the ass to get the engine out of, the gtr,s look pretty easy compared.

181 - 192 of 192 Posts