Administrator
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok

i'm a tight git

ive bought a used (mapped but not locked) Power FC and commander

I'm reading this BRILLIANT FAQ

Paul's Homepage

but i'm not sure if i can erase the map thats on the PowerFC, in order to get it back to the base/self learn mode.

basically i hope to install my 555cc injectors, install the Power FC, install a Profec B and install a walbro pump all myslef (well, my brother anyway, i just make the tea)

then, set the boost to 0, set the injector cycle to the correct latency

and set the power fc into self learn mode, and then, once it runs/drives, book it into the tuners and make the 10 mile journey there at a snails pace.

can anyone see a problem in this? Will i be able to delete the 2.8litre 510bhp map thats on there and get it back to the factory setting?

thanks

Mook

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yes you can do a reset to base map, in 'etc' setting on hand commander goto 'all data initialise'

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think i found my answer

The first step when installing the PowerFC is to let it idle for upto 30 minutes on your car so it adjusts to your engine setup. This includes turning on the Aircon, Demister and Heater throughout the idle stages so the ECU has time to learn the engine setup and idle levels. This can be done by doing an "initialize" on the PowerFC. This will reset all settings back to default (including your tune) and set the PowerFC back to learn mode (for idle only). You should not do this if you have a tune as there is no way to save the tune before it is erased.

i know about running a car on too high injectors, and will set them, what baout the fuel pump? will it make it over fuel, or will i have covered that with the injectors setting on the FC?

mook

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes you can do a reset to base map, in 'etc' setting on hand commander goto 'all data initialise'

thank you for the reply.

i'm getting excited now. love playing.

mook

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
i know about running a car on too high injectors, and will set them, what baout the fuel pump? will it make it over fuel, or will i have covered that with the injectors setting on the FC?

mook
No it wont overfuel with a larger pump or injectors, my car is still running 1 bar cos the boost controller isnt working properly, so with 700 cc injectors and 255 LPR fuel pump @ 1 bar i havent seen more that 60% injector duty on hand commander.. the Power FC will instruct the engine to take what it needs, no more.

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet.

looks like there is gonna be some mookisavings to be made!

mook

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Mook as long as you make sure you set the FC up for the injectors you've fitted you wont have a problem, but it needs to know if you fitted oversize..

Theres a setting for injector percentage in 'settings'..

I'm not sure what that setting is for 550cc injectors is as a percentage, but find out first before you use the car.

When i fitted my 700's the car ran like a bag of shite because i hadnt set Power FC for them

I think R32 Combat knows the settings, pm him, he'll sort you out.

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the heads up

can i ask a really really really dumb question?

Where is the ECU on an R33 GTR located?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Dunno cos ive got a 32 lol

Passenger side, plastic cover just in front of the door is where mine is, cant see any reason for Nissan to have moved it.

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dunno cos ive got a 32 lol

Passenger side, plastic cover just in front of the door is where mine is, cant see any reason for Nissan to have moved it.
thats what i'm hoping, but the 33 has that stupid rear bulkhead full or computers and fuses. lol

i'll get out my search button

thanks

mook

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
So has the 32, its the Hicas computer, ECU will be in front passenger footwell mate :)

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no need for an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator is there?

some threads say yay, some say nay,

rob recommended a pump, but not mentioned the FPR

i'm hoping no, to save money for chrimbo :)

mook

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Ive got aftermarket FPR, but they are not expensive, mines a HKS one set at 3 bar for the time being, as and when the car requires more fuel i think it will go to 5 bar.

Key to getting your GTR to go quick safely Mook is steel turbo's, good fuelling, good map, thats about it for a quick road car

Rob mapped my ecu, he's the BOSS :)

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got the steel

robs got the skills

and i'm sorting the fuelling

this is fun :)

i'm so poor

lmfao

mook

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
HeHe Mook, Go out street mapping with Rob, its great fun.. he sat there with cans and wideband all piped into passenger window, find a nice 'A' road and jobs a good'un :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
You never said rob was mapping it in the other thread, well you will be well pleased with the results then as he is the man. Bring the car down to Garage-D one day if you can, would like to see 1.2 bar compared to 1 bar (mine).

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
mook, rob never used an fuel guage on my punto when he mapped that. he'll just turn it so it idles good and then drive it, if it donw run right he'll up it.

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You never said rob was mapping it in the other thread, well you will be well pleased with the results then as he is the man. Bring the car down to Garage-D one day if you can, would like to see 1.2 bar compared to 1 bar (mine).
i'm talking rob at PT

if so, where are based?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts