GTR Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Mooki, i'm just the same as you, this thread WILL come in handy in the not too distant :D

Cheers:thumbsup:

·
Administrator
31,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
the link i posted is invaluble, thanks to Leggus, i now have the confidence to go ahead and vchange the bits i know i can change, but wasn't sure if i should

might see if i can get me camera out and take pictures of my brother doing the work, and do a "how to"

lol

mook

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
the link i posted is invaluble, thanks to Leggus, i now have the confidence to go ahead and vchange the bits i know i can change, but wasn't sure if i should

might see if i can get me camera out and take pictures of my brother doing the work, and do a "how to"

lol

mook

i do not allow you permission to use my face lol

how bout some pics of you making the tea, an essental part of a "how to" guide lol

·
Administrator
31,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
its alright, i'll just find a Kosovan and use him as your double!

;)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
PFC

Hi mook,

Hope the installs going well and you have found the ECU :chuckle:

ECU
Yep, same place on a R33 pull the little plastic panel off, in the passenger foot well. Ignore all the rubbish in the back unless you want to lock the Hicas off.

Injectors
To set the percentage of the injectors i think you just divide the 440 by the new size so 440 / 555 = 0.792 as a %. You will also need to know the injector lag time as well. There used to be a link on here to a load of injector settings. If I find it I will post for you.

Hand commander
On the ETC menu make sure the correct options are set for the O2 sensors or it won't run on the narrow band sensors. Think this is the last option but can't remember what the symbol is. I have found the narrowband setting better than mapping, uses less fuel also?

Boost control
You maybe better of getting the PFC boost control kit (Pick them up for less than £200) I have fittign instructions for one also. It is easy to fit and is driven by the PFC. So you can set the boost level by the hand commander. Be aware if you do this it overboosts whilst in self learn mode. Quite scary when you see the boost go well above what you set it for.

Don't play with the duty settings unless you know what youre doing!

FPR
I had a FPR installed to make sure the fuel pressure was good, never too sure with the standard one. 3 - 4bar I think but then I had a uprated fuel pump fitted. You can get the FPR for reasonable money. (£80 - £120)

AFM
Have you got standard AFMs? If not definately need a tuner to map it for you.

Mapping
If you do the above it will get you running but I wouldn't want to be driving it hard unless I had a Wideband and EGt monitoring.

You really need someone to MAP it for you. Can get expensive if you don't know what you arre doing.

Safety.
One of the options on the ETC menu from the commander is to display knock on the dash, you need to switch this on. Think it is the second option but not too sure again don't know what the symbol is.

Keep an eye on the knock level, the PFC is prone to picking up other noises and can jump quite alarmingly on the knock level. You can get all the stats from the commander but should be well below 50 for 99.9% of the time.

Be carefull keep checking the commander can distract you from driving.

Plugs
Get yourself some good plugs
NGK / Denso heat range 7 or 8 should be fine. Can get them for £6 per plug of Spark-plugs.co.uk

Other
I also changed the fuel filter, didn't cost a lot and was easy to do. You don't know how long the one you have has been on and how much crap is in it.

Gearbox oil, if you have never changed this and will be running more power it is worth making sure you have good oil in before you start giving it a some welly:smokin:

Finally, if you don't have an oil cooler keep an eye on the oil temp, the standard gauge is not that good. Mine used to get pretty high if giving it some prolonged welly. Oil cooler sorted this out and is easy enough to do yourself if you know how to plump it all in.

Kev

·
Registered
715 Posts
Just a word of advice, if you don't really know what your doing then don't touch it. Leave it to the people who play with this stuff all day long and know what changing a little thing in a small menu will do to your engine.

Just seen another one today with high idle, simple inlet gasket but has killed no 4 piston. Many people on here live with a high idle as they are told its 'normal'.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Power FCs

Hi

Have a power fc fitted to my 33 gtr which I want to unlock and remap
as new mods to car - IE 2530`s / Cams to go in / 720cc Inj

On checking with Power FC data reader current map is locked.
How do u unlock the power fc so I can have car remapped

Thanks & Regards

Peter

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
anyone know the lag (latency) time for Sard(Denso) 700cc injectors? My car's voltage is at 12.6V rock steady. I know my injector correction (63%) but I need to know what correction to put in my PFC for latency....getting desperate here!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi

Have a power fc fitted to my 33 gtr which I want to unlock and remap
as new mods to car - IE 2530`s / Cams to go in / 720cc Inj

On checking with Power FC data reader current map is locked.
How do u unlock the power fc so I can have car remapped

Thanks & Regards

Peter
Datalogit or Power Excel dealer.

Advice to all DIYers
Take all warnings seriously!
If you're not sure, don't do it! If you don't KNOW the tune is safe, don't push it!
Dan

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
One more point, If your wiring things to the ecu harness, Follow the instructions EXACTLY, If it says the brown wire should be 30mm from the ecu and the black wire 30mm further along the same line then they say this for a reason :)

I had a honda in with a diy ecu job, And it didnt run right untill I had set all the wires in the correct places. Some where even on the wrong lines im not sure how it managed to run...

·
Administrator
31,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
same here

got the injectors and the pfc, but waiting on a fuel pump and boost controller.

then hoping Santa will map it for me

lol

i really want to fit the PFC but won't risk it

mook

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
same here

got the injectors and the pfc, but waiting on a fuel pump and boost controller.

then hoping Santa will map it for me

lol

i really want to fit the PFC but won't risk it

mook
and very sensible you are in not doing so :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

see the usual tuners to do it, around £350

this is one of the most important things on a modded car, dont mess with it

21 - 36 of 36 Posts