GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My GTR is having the Wheels Refurbished next week and just wanted some opinions on colour.

They are currently Gloss Black which i think really suits the car.

However when i went to wheel refurb place they suggested a couple of other colours. They did a White GTR with the wheels Done in Audi Mettalic Grey with Matt lacquer.

They also did a Mettalic Anthracite Gloss which looked great on the demo wheel on the shelf but was very similar colour to DMG so not sure how that would look.

The guy also suggested just doing them in a standard alloy wheel silver.

Just wondered if any other GTR owners had gone for a different colour wheels other than the Gloss Black or Factory look colours?

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Mine are a light grey almost same as the car colour as you mentioned as one of the options above and personally think suits the car better than black but of course it's all a matter of opinion and personal preference.

I've seen Silver wheels on a DMG GT-R and didn't think it suited it at all.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting. They do look good in grey.

Dont suppose you can remeber where you saw the picture of the Silver wheels on DMG. Just so i can put that one out of the possible lineup

Mine is almost identicle to yours with Small Front Plate...Good taste mate :cool:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used Paint-It in Billericay. The work was top class.

I have fitted some D1 Wheel nuts in Gold as well which look great against the standard Caliper colour.

Really pleased with the finish. Will get some pics when its not raining :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
The standard grey you get on the premium edition from the factory is the best colour imo and suits the dmg car perfectly.
Unfortunately i dont think anyone knows what the paint code is!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The standard grey you get on the premium edition from the factory is the best colour imo and suits the dmg car perfectly.
Unfortunately i dont think anyone knows what the paint code is!
I went with Gloss Black in the end as i quite like the way it looks on the DMG cars.

With the Gold Nuts i think it really looks :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cheers Neil, I might drop in there for a chat, if you go past slys next week you will see my stg4 purple one in there having some work done....gc..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Here is a picture of the wheels refurbished gloss black (metallic panther black so has a slight gold fleck in the sun).

This Picture shows the new Gold Nuts that match the calipers. They do match almost exactly the calipers but the camera flash doesnt show that very well.

Excuse the fact they are dirty it rained straight after collecting it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alcon Discs All round. I have standard Nissan front pads (on when i bought the car) and Cosworth rear pads...Absolutely no squeeling. Going to change the front ones to Cosworth when they need doing next.

Mines a road car so dont really reach the point where they fade.

I had Performance Friction rear pads in but they were quite hard. They would be great for track days but didnt suit my driving. Also they left quite a bit of dust with some squeeling until they were warm.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Im looking at new pads and discs in the near future. I was thinking Alcons with the Performance friction. I don't really track, but do like the odd spirited drive.
So maybe the Cosworth will be a better option. I drive normally 90% of the time and the odd 30 min hard blast.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im looking at new pads and discs in the near future. I was thinking Alcons with the Performance friction. I don't really track, but do like the odd spirited drive.
So maybe the Cosworth will be a better option. I drive normally 90% of the time and the odd 30 min hard blast.
Im the same mate. My car is primarily a road car with spirited drive every now and then.

Even on a couple of "Quick" drives recently the brakes were excellent. The pedal also seems to have more feel with the Cosworth rear pads.

The performance Friction ones just wouldnt get warm enough and would squeel. If i did regular track days id probably of kept them and just put up with the squeeling.

Im well impressed with the Cosworth pads. I will be changing my front ones from factory nissan to cosworth when they are needed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts