GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
That'll be me then, I live in Addiscombe. MY09, this time next month it will be orange, you may need to wear sunglasses!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was definitely MY11 so must be another...

Surprised I haven't seen you yet as I am also in Addiscombe with DMG MY09 - maybe the orange will help that :cool:

Who's wrapping it for you?

Did you go straight to stage 2 or were you stage 1 first?

Saj

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Saj,

I've only had the car a few weeks so that's probably why we haven't bumped into each other in them yet.

The car was stg2 when I bought it; It was bought new by a friend 'johnR' so I've chased it across Europe many times in the Maserati with little luck, I got first refusal at a crazy price, I think mainly because he was worried i'd show him up in the Atom, but I wasn't so sure, it's a beast.

The stage 2 is something else, I've been having fun mainly at 0.5 in normal mode until last week when the sun came out, popped it up to 1.1 to scoot around the roads by Botley Hill Farm and the thing nearly pulled my face off - it's like a two tonne Atom with a stereo - very pleased.

Don't fear, I've read the threads on here about wrapping, it's going to the right place - PWPro.

I'm pretty active with the PH lot going on many morning hoons, TRs and Euro weekends so if you fancy it or are up to anything let me know!

I'm on one of the East India Dock Estate roads, so shouldn't be more than a couple of minutes from you.

Look forward to catching up some time.

All the best,
Donny

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Donny

Hoping to avoid actually bumping into each other :nervous:

Botley Farm area roads are great for experiencing the 'GTR facelift' :thumbsup:

Although by my own admission I'm a bit of a sedate driver compared to other GTR owners, a morning hoon with a group of like-mindeds sounds like fun - until I get left behind :eek:

Would also love to feel the difference with your stage 2 compared to my stage 1 - and might even nag for a ride in the Atom :D

I'm by Park Hill so literally only a couple of minutes up the road - look forward to catching up sometime

Rgds

Saj

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Donny

I was the strange guy beeping at you in the blue X5 on the flyover yesterday morning :D

Car sounded lovely coming down Barclay Rd :clap:

The orange is deeper than the pics on here appeared - still very bright but just not as bright as I had expected. Obviously gets LOTS of attention :)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I'm in Latitude Apartments.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Looking at your car stats I assume you do most of your stuff on track - otherwise I'm amazed to not have seen you around as that is literally round the corner....

Croydon is definitely becoming a mini epicentre for GTRs :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sadly only being a few minutes from where you saw me the car wasn't warmed up, far too slow onto the flyover!

So is that three of us within 5 mins of each other with GT-Rs?

Perhaps poottle off to a Goodwood breakie meet at some stage in the future?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Donny, I was relying on you taking it easy while engine was cold otherwise would never have caught up with you!

A 'little drive' sometime sounds like a great idea :)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
You are more likely to HEAR me than see me, both 33 and 34 make over 110db at 4000rpm, let alone 9500............ :eek:

Have 32 parked up there at moment, plus normally tend to run around in Golf Diesel on basis of awful traffic and fuel economy!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will keep my ears open for them then!

I thought the vibrations in the house were due to the trams but I guess it might just have been you :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts