GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about got what happened a week or so ago out of my head (http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/64666-please-help-m16-sky-stolen.html) and now its time to move on.

Please look at the pro's and con's with regards to the cars I am contemplating purchasing.

After the recent theft of my pride and joy it has left me with a sour taste in my mouth as far as Skyline's are concerened.

So I have been thinking of getting something easier to drive and yet still powerful. (obviously not as powerful as the Skyline)

Audi RS4 Avant

Love the idea of having an estate that would take on most things on the road today. Luxurious and yet all the tuneability of a Skyline (ie. bigger turbo's, injectors etc.)

BMW M3 Convertible

Yes, I know, a poofs car but as far as the car itself is concerned a lot pluses. Has good road presence, interior is beautiful, sat nav tv, loads of extras etc. Just hate the stigma that is attached to them

Audi S3

Okay this is the option i would take if I can't make my mind up. Daily driver until I can make my mind up!

R34 GTR

Still love 'em

Any advice welcome or suggestions on different cars.

Thanks

·
6,821 Posts
A listing with an R34 on . . . . the choice is made before we discuss I think;)

But the RS4 is an option, forget the other two.(best ever Audi next to the RS6)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I`d get another Skyline, why let these ******s ruin your life and driving pleasure. Get another one and maybe buy a wheel clamp to go on it.
Thats what i`d do.

·
Registered
348 Posts
me personaly think that all the cars you have listed are very nice cars,
i do like the rs4, but as a family car,
i have three cars, mondeo (family car)
van (for work)
skyline ( toy ):D

anyway, i would say .,.,., skyline:thumbsup:

·
6,821 Posts
the zele skyline faz
I am still advertising it for Chris, Faz! If you can have a go on this one, you do yourself the best Christmas present of your lifetime;)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hey Faz
Good to see you're getting over that terrible event, but lets be honest all the cars you listed are desirable to a car thief so unless the choice is 200quid wreck or any other nice car then its gotta be the R34 or any other skyline.
Good luck with whatever you end up getting mate :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Faz
Good to see you're getting over that terrible event, but lets be honest all the cars you listed are desirable to a car thief so unless the choice is 200quid wreck or any other nice car then its gotta be the R34 or any other skyline.
Good luck with whatever you end up getting mate :thumbsup:
True, but I feel a Skyline has a different type of thief after it than say an RS4 Estate. Especially around where I live. Don't get me wrong its not a 'ghetto' its actually a fairly well off area but the scumbags from nearby come to where I live

·
Registered
826 Posts
Don't get me wrong its not a 'ghetto' its actually a fairly well off area but the scumbags from nearby come to where I live

Thats how it works unfortunately faz,dont let recent events put you off getting another skyline.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
I got to agree with fuelburner.....they'll all nickable cars mate ! we've had Audi thefts in our family.

I see where your coming from though....it will be a different type of thief that takes a bimmer or an Audi to a modified Jap car.

I recon an RS4 / S3 is highly nickable.

I recon M3 conv....gonna get roof slashed, key'd etc.

R34GTR....well....dont need to say anything !

I think as other people have said, dont let these pondlife put you off buying something you want !

·
Registered
248 Posts
Car theft

I'm afraid it doesn't really matter what you get - if its desirable (whether sporty / prestige / generally any value) the buggers will want it.

All you can do is try your best to make it difficult for them to take in the first instance and also for breaking (i.e. - mark various sections with Alphdot !!)

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Had I not had to build another engine I would be a poof right now!

Get the M3 convertible and be happy mate.
Get one with SMGII and so you don't damage your wrist with gear changes.

I recently went in a 330 convertible with all the toys and was quite impressed with it.
Have you thought of an Audi convertible. They're quite nice too.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Faz agree with youe thoughts re type of thief, i would go 34gtr but you maybe asking for more trouble i hate to say! maybe get a gtr and a garage?? or some security devices like a drive way post

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Faz agree with youe thoughts re type of thief, i would go 34gtr but you maybe asking for more trouble i hate to say! maybe get a gtr and a garage?? or some security devices like a drive way post
I have a garage mate, but thought driveway would be safe enough

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had I not had to build another engine I would be a poof right now!

Get the M3 convertible and be happy mate.
Get one with SMGII and so you don't damage your wrist with gear changes.

I recently went in a 330 convertible with all the toys and was quite impressed with it.
Have you thought of an Audi convertible. They're quite nice too.
Mate, the M3 convertible is a fantastic car. I wouldnt get one because of performance, more practicality and comfort. No cramp in my leg due to twin plate clutches anymore. Again, i would be looking at a SMGII. Finding an unabused one is another thing altogether! And the number of pr!cks who drive them...real turn off.

The Audi convertibles are ugly in my opinion except for the new RS4 convertible. But I love the fact people don't know how fast these Audi RS's are. Had mates RS6+ for a week or so last year, loved it!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts