GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right

i brought the car a few weeks back and the one thing i have noticed is once i have let the car warm and driven it (not hard) i can hear the water going round it..... i never had this on my rb25det

here is a video of it after 10min drive and 20min of being turned on. The video is of the car off in my drive way

any feedback would be welcomed

·
Registered
656 Posts
that noise is not the water but air pockets, not good mate,,
dont drive till fixed, sounds nearly empty of water,

·
Registered
656 Posts
well, first i would try bleeding it, wait till fully warmed up, heating on full power full heat,bleed through the little bolt at front of engine near fuel rail,
if that dont work ide be looking at water pump, good luck mate...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well timing belt is being done on friday ill get a new water pump and but it on for good measure...just in case.... then ill do the coolant and hopefully all will be well

·
Registered
38 Posts
I littlewozer I think the same thing just hapen to me when ive just park the car 10 miin ago. I heard air buble going in the engine.After what I just read I hope I don't have to change the waterpump. HELP
ps Do water will be okay if it miss some preston in the rad

·
Registered
242 Posts
Head cracked possibly?, do combustion gas dye test with your coolant. Happened to fella who had my car before i bought it dead..

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
make sure to park at an (uphill) incline when you bleed it it will help alot and make the process much faster

·
Registered
38 Posts
Right thats what I did but I been told by a mecanic that the the engine coolant is supose to bleed by is self whitout doing anything. Anyway I think it was just skyline paranoya.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts