GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, im thinking of swapping my r33 gtr vspec for a r34 gt-t,i love the 34 shape but can't afford a gtr yet and i was just wondering if anyone has had a gt-t and if id be making a mistake by swapping power for looks?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Id keep the 33GTR over a 34GTT......

·
Registered
779 Posts
Keep the 33 until you can afford the 34 GTR. Will give you much more motivation to save for the 34 gtr and will make it more special.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I own a R33 GTR and have driven a GTT and to be honest the R33 GTR is a much superior car, the handling is not even comparible.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
no way don't swop ...you'll be going backwards not forwards
if you want a 34 it has to be a gtr ..

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
buy some nice looking carbon for the R33 and go and have a good drive

you will love it again....

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
No way, you'll regret it and wish you hadn't. Then you'll have to sell the GTT and find another R33 GTR to replace it with. And let's face it, 99.99% of people only buy an R34 GTT because they can't afford an R34 GTR. You have been warned!! :chuckle:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that this thread is blasphemous, and should be removed with extreme violence! Jaywatkins you are a blasphemer :chuckle: Actually, i'm surprised you haven't been given an infraction for your cheek!

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
I'd say keep the GTR.

However, I do love the idiotic narrow minds that frequent this forum - I know of a fair few GTT's that would seriously embarrass many a highly tuned GTR both in performance AND looks.

I personally know the owner of a 670BHP GTT that could win a show and shine AND kick a GTR's arse performance wise.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'd say keep the GTR.

However, I do love the idiotic narrow minds that frequent this forum - I know of a fair few GTT's that would seriously embarrass many a highly tuned GTR both in performance AND looks.

I personally know the owner of a 670BHP GTT that could win a show and shine AND kick a GTR's arse performance wise.

Yes, but by the looks of things he can't afford a GTT like that now.

Stay with the GTR mate. I have been in the "should I buy the r34 gtt now just coz I can" and it is afterall a R34 boat. Mate, it is not the same.

Before getting my R34 GTR, I was always tempted to go out and get a GTT but I can tell you, there is no substitute. You won't be happy. I waited and waited. The fruit of patience is very sweet.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
i test drove a R34 GTT before i bought my 33gtr completly different leagues!

Stick with the gtr

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'd say keep the GTR.

and no doubt theres a vauxhall chevette around somewhere that would embarrass many a gtr also ....but so what... it's still a chevette and the gtr will always be a gtr...:thumbsup:
so because people prefer gtr's why does it make them narrow minded ...?

the gtr is a far superior to a gtt ...no matter what anybody likes to think or say they are a completly different animal ..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
i think i can shed some real light on this subject,
i had a mkiv supra N/A and it had lots of carbon etc on it, fair enough it would just keep up with a GTT and get it's ass kicked by a GTR, however i really wanted a TT supra and no matter how many mods i carried out on the N/A it just diddnt have the go to match the looks
so id say keep the 33 mate, if you go to the GTT you will prob be happy for a short time then you will start to want the GTR power and handling again then you will have to sell it to get another GTR
as said previously tart up the GTR a bit and that will bring the looks up a bit and settle with that till you can afford the 34
i really wanted a 34 too but cant afford it ATM but have a 33GTR and going to a single turbo to keep me happy;)
keep the 33 mate you will regret the GTT

1 - 20 of 30 Posts