GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running this g sensor and 4wd controller? Comes with a digital g sensor to replace the old analogue one and has some different modes of 4wd torque settings. Would be nice to hear any feedback.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would be good to get feedback particularly from Aki who I believe had the Tarzan box.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I've been running the latest Skylab for the last year - which has been great.

I'm just about to setup logging on the ETS hydraulics so I can see what's really happening on track, in terms of line pressure to the transfer case clutch pack. Once I have some baseline data for the Skylab, I'll fit a DTMII that Abbey kindly lent me to try and I'll share the data.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Would be good to get feedback particularly from Aki who I believe had the Tarzan box.
Here you go:
One Man's Lonely Adventures In His R33 Skyline GT-R: Do-Luck's DTM II, Part 1 - The Installation

First of a 3 part series. If you DO decide to get it, please make sure you do so from an authorized dealer because there may be firmware updates in the future which only authorized dealers will be able to manage.

It's a no brainer - even if you like the Tarzan G-box settings, this is one setting (of 3) that is preloaded onto the DTMII unit, so you get more bang for the buck with the DTMII (plus the ability to do some limited programming). (see part 2 of the link above)

HTH

Aki

edit: I see how you've already and commented on my blog - here is a video of someone who installed the DTM II, and then went for a drive at Fuji Speedway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qMq1tjPCpM

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Aki I did see your review but not track follow up and your thoughts similar to what you did with the Tarzan box.

How are the firmware updates done? I normally buy all my stuff from RHDJapan.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I am running one, but probably can't give you any critical feedback as I hardly used my R32 before it was fitted.

Not had much chance to play, just using the A1 setting on the road and the A2 setting for circuit. (1 try track day so far)

·
Registered
856 Posts
You could try putting it into G3, this is the setting that comes closest to the stock setting but with a digital G-sensor, making it still work quicker than the stock G-sensor.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Richard did you ever drive your r32 on track with the old g sensor setup? Does it react a lot faster and can you control front and rear slip angles similar to Andys units?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Richard did you ever drive your r32 on track with the old g sensor setup? Does it react a lot faster and can you control front and rear slip angles similar to Andys units?
I've only done the one dry track day 1,000 miles after Ron built the engine.
I was finishing running the car in, so not had chance to play yet...

For that one day I just left in in "circuit mode" on the DTMII.

But no, I never drove on the old unit.

·
Registered
856 Posts
About £ 400,- ex vat ( £ 480 incl. vat) in Europe aswell.

As mentioned before, we are official dealer for Do Luck in Europe and stock these units.

We do supply them with English instructions and support in Europe. If you choose to order them from Japan, you will get Japanese instructions and won't get software updates supported in Europe.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Why are the software updates different for Europe?
I think he means that you won't get support for the updates in Europe.

This is not uncommon for tech items. Maybe you can search out the updates and apply them yourselves but bascially no-one (outside of Japan perhaps) will be helping you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guys

I think this box is the perfect solution if you have a big hp RB26....

Has anyone a video (with this box in the car) from the Nürburgring?

Greez from Switzerland...:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts