GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well yes they do! I now understand why I probably shouldn't be using my real name as my user name and be a bit more careful about what I specifically write about my car...... let me explain.
I recently started a thread titled 'Car turning off gear box race mode by itself' and stupidly put on my opening entry that I was runnng COBB stage 2. I made an enquiry with my local HPC to sort this issue and after an explanation from the HPC I requested that this issue be logged at Nissan UK. Later that day my HPC had a reply from Nissan saying 'Can you tell Jason Gault to take the Stage Stage 2 off his car and try the gear box again!'. Luckily I wasn't driving at the time as I nearly fell off my chair!
Now obviously if I actually was running COBB stage 2 I would have immediately put my car back to standard.... but luckily as I am not and just made a grammatical mistake that will not be necessary.... clearly I would like to reassure Nissan that I think they have an exceptional product in the GTR and I will not be making any modifications that might affect my warranty! Other than...... ooooops nearly did it again!

However I have to say that the response from Nissan was measured and I respect their feedback. I think it is a good thing they look at the forum as this surely must be the best possible market research available to them in improving and developing their car and to gain this information by other means would, I'm sure, cost millions!

Meanwhile I will be letting the HPC know how my R mode on the gear box performs with my car continuing to run on stock settings....... as of course it always has done. ;)

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
Yes they do. As do most hpc's.

Remember
Loose lips sink ships

;)

mook

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree but on the other hand they must be excited that they have produced a car that has generated such debate and discussion......

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Jason, my gearbox Race mode would do the same. I didn't pay much attention to exactly what happened but when I began cruising and driving gently I would often find the red light would have gone out after a period of time.

Regards

Iain

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
this is v.interesting - Hello nissan UK - all i want for xmas is a new GTR..........!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts