GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

A friend and I have just purchased a 1994 R32 GTR here in New Zealand.
The brakes are shot and as it's going to be a turned into a track car we're wanting to fit some AP Racing brakes.

As AP don't do an off the shelf 6 pot front and 4 pot rear kit for the R32, were wanting to buy the following R33 GTR kits, but are unsure if they will bolt straight on.

Front: - GTR33 - Front 6 Piston Kit CP5555T1000

Rear: - GTR33 & 34 - Rear 4 Piston Kit CP7618-1000

Also if anyone car recommend a good place to buy these kits from (we're not fussed about what country)

I've had a good search on the forum but don't seem to be able to find any answers, apologies if this has been covered before.

Cheers,

Ollie.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Cheers for the speedy replies guys :)
I wonder why AP list this as an R33 kit and don't include the R32 in this sizing? I'm guessing it's a wheel size thing perhaps?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Sub Boy, I am the co-owner of the car with Ollie. Do you think you could email me ([email protected]) some pricing on those Wilwoods? I see there are some ex NZV8 Alcon's on Trademe which could be the go also ($3000 seems a bit steep for just the second hand calipers though). Obviously we want front and back but that could be a start.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hi Dude,
Check out the last post on the attached link, It has all the prices on there for the full kit etc.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I had a monumental brake failure at taupo the other day ...
First time ever / brake pedal went to the floor at the fastest part of the new short track ...:) about 140k
Gah ...
Came right when they cooled down...
Dunno what to do, had the car 10 yrs.. first ever brake failure ..
Dont like those d2 things ...might just wind the boost down and put some ducting in ...
A mate of mine just put , I think they are 380mm aps and 355 ap's on his R32 ...
I dont have $12,000 to spend on brakes tho . :p

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Ollie,
These kits will fit a 32 they don't list them. As standard wheel size on 32 is an issue.
However assuming you are going with larger dia. wheels they will fit.
& Yes you can fit the larger fronts listed for 34 356 dia as against 343 dia.
The only difference being 14mm mounting bolts.
These are the 1s I bought last year for my 33.
Got them direct from A.P. as a friend I work with hiS wife works at A.P. in Coventry.
If you want to pm me I can probably get you her e-mail address so you can
talk direct. I also got v good discount don't know if any offers on at the mo.
Keith

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I had a monumental brake failure at taupo the other day ...
First time ever / brake pedal went to the floor at the fastest part of the new short track ...:) about 140k
Gah ...
Came right when they cooled down...
Dunno what to do, had the car 10 yrs.. first ever brake failure ..
Dont like those d2 things ...might just wind the boost down and put some ducting in ...
A mate of mine just put , I think they are 380mm aps and 355 ap's on his R32 ...
I dont have $12,000 to spend on brakes tho . :p
Well concidering you have run the brakes for 10 yrs without fade, I wouldn't be jumping into anything yet Glenn....

.....With your engineering skills, Make some big ducts (And while you are at it make a set up for me too LOL!):squintdan

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
380's on the front and 355's on the rear seem to do the trick ...

Chris, Paul T Had real Au touring car brakes on his GTR / Have you seen those calipers ?
You should ask SBR if we can have a set for "development" work for them , Id be prepared to test them for free too....

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Cheers for the speedy replies guys :)
I wonder why AP list this as an R33 kit and don't include the R32 in this sizing? I'm guessing it's a wheel size thing perhaps?
The Brembo equipped cars have a different master cylinder ratio to the non-Brembo (ie non v-spec) R32s. You might end up with a long pedal feel.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
380's on the front and 355's on the rear seem to do the trick ...

Chris, Paul T Had real Au touring car brakes on his GTR / Have you seen those calipers ?
You should ask SBR if we can have a set for "development" work for them , Id be prepared to test them for free too....
LOL! Trust me I have tried to pry some out of SBR....But they still wanted drug money for them, and the old Brembo's they used to run (Before the class went to a homolagated (spelling?) Alcon set.)

We are running a set on the Jag (Transam) but with disks to suit 17's.....But I'm sure there would be some issues into the first corner for the driver if I nicked them! LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts