GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove probably the nicest looking R33 I have ever seen today (Full Service History from new, all MOT's, Import documents, Magesine articles (About it) etc etc) but... Even under load (@ 1 Bar) the oil pressure never topped 4 Bar (I'm told it should)

And the car whistled....

Question - do all R33's with an induction kit running 'more than normal boost' whistle or are the turbo's on their way out as I have been led to believe?

Trying to buy one of these is driving me mad!!!! :mad:

All help welcomed!!!

J

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
m6beg said:
Dont buy it mate.

Mick
Thanks Mick - A straight answer from someone who looks like he might know his way around a Skyline...

In that case - its a '97R - in black with 72k on the clock with a 3k mile old Abbey rebuilt engine and an uprated Exhaust and intercooler and nothing else.... I'll find the horses myself!!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuggles said:
door rubbers are known to wear on older cars and it may be around the door mirror or the rubber at the front of the door that is letting air whistle through
Thanks also to you Fuggles but I'm absolutely confident it was the Turbo's (Or possibly the intakes - hence the question) due to it being in every gear...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.