GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering how many of you bother to put people right when they refer to your R35 as a Skyline? Happens quite often to me actually.
I don't usually since it's nearly always positive attention / compliments etc and if they're nice enough to take time and bother talking to you about the car it's not worth p*ssing on their chips - is it? Unless it's a fezza knob ;-)
Having said that those that take a longer interest I usually try and slip in that it's not called that for this model.
Just wondering..
Oh and Mook, CT, Steve et al we don't necessarily think it is a compliment either ;)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
But aren't you (we) all big geeks!

Its OK. We genuines don't mind you fake skylines clinging to our legend. :)

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I usually try to get something deliberately wrong to equally annoy the people back.

Jag X-Type = Mondeo
Audi = Skoda
Porsche = Beetle
Ferrari = Medallion Carrier, etc

So, when I reply "So, how's the Beetle going these days?" and they say "It's not a Beetle it's a 911", I can reply with "Yea, I know. But it's a right pisser when someone gets your car wrong, isnt' it...."

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Its OK. We genuines don't mind you fake skylines clinging to our legend. :)
ha ha :chuckle: that made me larffffff! Quote of the day.

·
Registered
271 Posts
no had my car long, so get plenty oh "hear you got a skyline now"

plate for sale on PH GT12 SKY ..... mite sit a while..

·
Administrator
31,558 Posts
You R35 boys need to remeber the Rich Skyline heritage that made the legend what it is today

Oh, wait. Shit. Erm. About that Skyline stuff, I'd probably just stick with GT-R if I were you ;)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
As I also have the car that made the "modern" Skyline famous and gave it the name Godzilla I don't really care. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
It is a Skyline really. It's the latest iteration of the Skyline GTR lineage, and in my mind is still a Skyline. I have one and still refer to it as a Skyline sometimes.

Who cares!? Does it matter??

1 - 20 of 62 Posts