Do you drive mainly AUTO or MANUAL[paddles]

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi R35 fans,

Do you drive mainly AUTO or MANUAL [paddles]? (POLL)

I find I mainly drive in AUTO, and find myself throttling the gear changes down, if I want to quickly accelerate.. and really only using the paddle's, if I'm in a lot of twistys, and pushing the car on.

Chronos

Reactions: billythefish

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Always manual for me - have no idea what gear the car is going to give me at a juntion in auto, seems to have a mind of its own :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Auto work with 'R' selected on transmission most of the time, but I do like to blap along in Manual also.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,691 Posts
I am very lazy, mostly auto.:blahblah:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Wow, I'm genuinely shocked, having a car like the R35 and driving it in auto is unfathomable to me, each to their own of course.

To me, the DCT makes the car, instant manual gear changes enable me to become one with the car, I feel it like it was part of me, controlling the back end wiggles with the paddles, not to mention the glorious noises up and down the gears. To me, in auto it's a completely different experience, lazy, sluggish, unresponsive big lump and boring.

·
R35 Section manager
10,918 Posts
Auto for standard driving and manual for fast road corners

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
Always drive the car from cold in manual and I use to switch to auto once the car warmed up, but as I'm driving the car less and less these days I tend to leave it in manual

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Auto in town or traffic otherwise manual RRR!

If in doubt flat out..

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Some people saying auto in town, but that's one of the fun parts to use manual, just blipping it down to 1st at junctions and scaring the pedestrians :) Then wopping away in 1st and burbling along at 3k rpm in 2nd, lovely :)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Some people saying auto in town, but that's one of the fun parts to use manual, just blipping it down to 1st at junctions and scaring the pedestrians :) Then wopping away in 1st and burbling along at 3k rpm in 2nd, lovely :)
You are so antisocial.. don't forget the pops and bangs map

Reactions: Trevgtr
1 - 20 of 120 Posts