GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting my car wrapped, have been looking for a while now. A question cropped up whether I would have to inform my insurance or not. Anybody answer it for me? Cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that more clear about it now. If asked it's been on a week unless you want to inform DVLA.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I declared my wrap to insurance, cost me 10% of the wrap cost or something if car gets managed it gets fixed then re-wrapped if I want that way.

+ Can't be arsed with the hassle of of risking the payout of a £40k+ motor over the sake of £100-£200

·
Registered
73 Posts
Q: Who do you need to inform about your vehicle wrap?

A: Insurance - It is important that you advise your insurance company that you have had your vehicle part/fully wrapped. This way should you be in the unfortunate position of having an accident or need to claim on your insurance for any reason then they will be aware of the costs and materials required to replace the wrap.

DVLA - It is now a legal requirement for you to inform the DVLA that your vehicle has undergone a colour change. You need to select from one of the following colours and submit your V5C document to the DVLA:- Beige, Blue, Maroon, Red, Bronze, Cream, Multi, Silver, Brown, Green, Orange, Turquoise, Black, Gold, Purple, White,Grey, Pink and Yellow.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I declared my wrap to insurance, cost me 10% of the wrap cost or something if car gets managed it gets fixed then re-wrapped if I want that way.

+ Can't be arsed with the hassle of of risking the payout of a £40k+ motor over the sake of £100-£200
This is the correct/sensible answer, imho of course :)

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
think most bases have been covered already but just to pop our experience into the chat

dvla - if to be kept on more than six weeks then to be informed - if your cars black and you go matte black etc you wouldn't need to inform them

insurance should always be told due to possible claim being invalidated

most just charge an admin fee but we have heard stories where extra premium has been added - these customers tend to wait till renewal time and then use a company who just charge admin fee

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts