Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 55 88.7%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interestingly noticed on a few occasions that I seemed to have set off other car’s alarms, simply by driving past. Kakimoto exhaust really is loud :) Guess it also tends to reverberate a bit in a closed space.

Happened twice in closed shopping centre parking lots.

Happened once when driving closely past a parked car, but I was gearing down and think the exhaust threw a flame and loud pop.

Anybody else have similar experiences?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Yup, especially in London.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I've got 4" pipes, from the Mine's downpipes to the 4.5" Apexi resonator. It sets off alarms pretty regularly.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I have an Apexi silencer that I planned to run when I really want to listen to my stereo or to be neighborly....other than testing it for five minutes, haven't touched it since :p

·
R35 Section manager
10,970 Posts
Used to happen to me alot when I had my Subaru! Only now and again in the Gtr.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It has happened on occasions.
Other side of the coin though.
Matt J pulled up next to mine & set my alarm off. The damn thing wouldn't set again properly for the rest of the day. Noisy [email protected] !!!

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Errr, happens to me all the time.

Drive through the town, and set alarms off all the way down main street.

Worst one has to be a young lads Celica on the route I take to work in the mornings, if I'm not careful at 6am, I set off his alarm. First morning it happend I saw him run into the street in his shorts. :chuckle:

·
Registered
115 Posts
My car and my bike always set off a CR-V's alarm here ... But then again, most of the neighbourhood hears me coming... :chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I set off alarms quite regularly (HKS Ti race system), but it happend all the time in my MR2 (Blitz NUR spec) :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Matt,
It's OK mate.
TBH, my alarm is a bit neurotic anyway. Mind of it's own !

·
Registered
318 Posts
happens all the time. multi-storie car parks are the best, or under ground car parks even better:D

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
happened once to me while driving past a parked car, but usually I don't drive hard
Have "apparently" an Apexi cat back fitted on the GTS & it's for sure louder than 93db but don't know how many exactly

·
Registered
249 Posts
I lived in Las Vegas for a few months. The parking garage at the airport was perfectly tuned to my exhaust. Nothing cosmic, just a H.O. 2.3L engine with headers and exhaust, but I could set off every alarm in that place just idling around looking for a parking spot. :chuckle:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts