Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Never noticed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 55 88.7%

Do you set off any car alarms?

1K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  Marky_GTSt 
#1 ·
Interestingly noticed on a few occasions that I seemed to have set off other car’s alarms, simply by driving past. Kakimoto exhaust really is loud :) Guess it also tends to reverberate a bit in a closed space.

Happened twice in closed shopping centre parking lots.

Happened once when driving closely past a parked car, but I was gearing down and think the exhaust threw a flame and loud pop.

Anybody else have similar experiences?

#5 ·
I have an Apexi silencer that I planned to run when I really want to listen to my stereo or to be neighborly....other than testing it for five minutes, haven't touched it since :p

#9 ·
Errr, happens to me all the time.

Drive through the town, and set alarms off all the way down main street.

Worst one has to be a young lads Celica on the route I take to work in the mornings, if I'm not careful at 6am, I set off his alarm. First morning it happend I saw him run into the street in his shorts. :chuckle:

#15 ·
happened once to me while driving past a parked car, but usually I don't drive hard
Have "apparently" an Apexi cat back fitted on the GTS & it's for sure louder than 93db but don't know how many exactly

#19 ·
I lived in Las Vegas for a few months. The parking garage at the airport was perfectly tuned to my exhaust. Nothing cosmic, just a H.O. 2.3L engine with headers and exhaust, but I could set off every alarm in that place just idling around looking for a parking spot. :chuckle:

#22 ·
I love it in the multi-storie parking areas here, quite easy and my car is not loud. I enjoy doing it with the wife's car, but with the JL Audio sub though. I tend to try and do it to a particular car where I live as the sensitivity is awful on his car. Everytime a plane flies by, his alarm goes off, hopefully one day I can set it off so many times I will kill his battery.

#27 ·
LOL! No wonder so many GTRs keep getting taken away.

"Listen, I'll pay you hoodios 50 quid to steal that car. Take it anywhere you like, just so long as the owner never gets it back...!" :chuckle:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.