GTR Forum banner

Would you have loved to see a different styled GTR after the R34, then the actual R35

• Yes I would kill for an R34 like GTR with 2009 standards

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Yes miss the R34 GTR lines in the R35 styling.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • R34 GTR is old coffee, get a life and buy an R35

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I never liked the R34 GTR, I like wales and dolphines (I am a R33 GTR owner)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buehhh R34 GTR is awefull, real man drive rusty Primeras and R32 GTRs

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • I only buy beetles with the money of google ads on gtr.co.uk

Votes: 1 1.8%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought about this today when I saw passing by a modified E92 M3 in black . . . .

First I thought wow, what a great looking car, then the R34 GTR image went through my head. Yes! . . . the last M3 is a great looking car, would even look better without the swiss cheese brand like badge:chuckle: . . . but seriously I think that the M3s and the GTRs have something in comon when it comes to the design of the car.
I would even say, what BMW did with the last M3, is what Nissan should have done with the R34 GTR design line all the way. The E92 has consequently evolved the E46CSL bodykit/body lines in to more voluptious, yet sharp lines, giving the E92 this bull looks, while keeping some sharp edges that resemble an R34 GTR to me. The E92 headlights are actually the evolution of the cat-like headlights the R34 Skyline had allready in 1998 . . . and honestly I love that kind of agressive looks more then the bluewhale eyes of the R35 (even if the R35 looks agressive in one piece).

The R35 GTR is a great looking car, thought it looks for me too ballistic cold, or lets say where the R35 looks like a bloc of sharp metal, the M3 looks like a Jaguar (I mean the animal, not the brand for dusty old britsih divorced gentlemen.:eek:). So different.

Now can somebody please photoshop a new R35 GTR that is basicly a sharp evolution of the R34 GTR? It would so cool to see how the R34 GTR lines would have looked in 2009!? Looking at Lexus concept vehicules I get an idea of such body forms, honestly, just sad Nissan droped the R34 GTR deisgn lines.

The R34 GTR is dead, long live the R35GTR.:)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ooow interesting thought!
:)
bob

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I don't really see the 35 as being from the same family..... 32's the grandaddy, 33 the daddy ! and 34's the son....

the 35 is the distant relative you only see at weddings..

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Personally the name Skyline carries more kudos then the GTR tag. So yes I would love to see a new Skyline GTR

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Interestingly the first concept pic/artists impression I saw of an R35 GTR looked like somewhere between an R34 and what became the R35... was in some magazine YEARS ago

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
OK I had a search for it and now that its not been over half a decade since I last saw the pic, it looked more like a softened R34 than anything else:

·
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK I had a search for it and now that its not been over half a decade since I last saw the pic, it looked more like a softened R34 than anything else:
Yep man, here`s another one:

Looks more Opel Astra to me . . lol:chuckle:
Honestly the R34 GTR design combined with the new Lexus hothatch concept from this year and you get a staggering thing. Basicly some lines, headlights, rearlights, and many details are out for 2009 standards on the R34 GTR, also have the howl window lines to be bend or tilted more dramacticly like on the E92 M3.

·
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i deeply resent option 4 about whales & dolphins.... I love R33's!!! more than 34's sometimes
. .only sometimes thank fully . .:chuckle:;)

Soory for the confusion actually, this thread was ment to focus on an evolution of the R34 GTR and not whenever you like the R33 better then a R34, ex . . . never ending discussion.:)

I would even say that the R33 GTR headlights ressemble more the ones of early E46 pre minor change headlights.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
^^ I know, just standing up for the looks of my baby!!!

I also like the GTR Evolution pics in your other thread - altho as has been pointed out, a little too many cues to the SL65 black (saw one on the motorway this morning too!!)

too wedgey for my taste, but I think you're on the right track there!

·
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ I know, just standing up for the looks of my baby!!!

I also like the GTR Evolution pics in your other thread - altho as has been pointed out, a little too many cues to the SL65 black (saw one on the motorway this morning too!!)

too wedgey for my taste, but I think you're on the right track there!
Thanks no harm, I personal love all GTRs for each generation as they stand for the tuning scene in each precise years and make me remind great times .:smokin:
The SL looks were not really wanted , but you need to start with some base while photoshoping, also is it a pain in the ass to get your first ideas in to visual design, once you did the base , you can get on and change everything , see new possible design lines, ideas, ex . . .

·
Registered
439 Posts
What about an option for those that are VERY happy with every aspect of their R34?
I am personally happy that the R34 is basically an end of an era in as much that I am much less likely to lust after the new one.

R34 GTR in my eyes is perfect in most respects

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yep man, here`s another one:

Looks more Opel Astra to me . . lol:chuckle:
Honestly the R34 GTR design combined with the new Lexus hothatch concept from this year and you get a staggering thing. Basicly some lines, headlights, rearlights, and many details are out for 2009 standards on the R34 GTR, also have the howl window lines to be bend or tilted more dramacticly like on the E92 M3.
integra

·
Super Moderator
15,731 Posts
I totally agree with the Integra comment, it's just wrong to mess with the R34 shape, it's too iconic! Better they totally did a new car IMHO.:popcorn:

·
Registered
150 Posts
something about the r35's look just doesnt appeal...
the r34 was good looking in a brutal way, kinda like a pretty brick made out of carbon fibre or something similar :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts