GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think many of us probably do, as at this time of the year, I start to think about my car spending the next 4-5 months in the garage with no use, I also think about the 4-5 months of wasted tax and insurance and then when I am thoroughly depressed, I start to think, "maybe I should have just bought an Evo". :(:(

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that has a seasonal pattern. The episodes of depression tend to occur at the same time each year, usually during the winter.
As with other types of depression, two of the main symptoms of SAD are a low mood and a lack of interest in life. Other symptoms of SAD include:
being less active than normal
sleeping more.

SAD is sometimes known as "winter depression" because the symptoms are more apparent and tend to be more severe at this time of the year.
The symptoms often begin in the autumn as the days start getting shorter. They are most severe during December, January and February.
In most cases, the symptoms of SAD begin to improve in the spring before disappearing.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I do get the winter blues at times mate but I've bought a SAD lamp which helps.

I use my GTR throughout winter though (unless road is snowed in ofc!) - just have to be more sensible with the driving style :)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
You can get a refund on the road tax :D

I have S.A.D today as I'm meant to be at Brands for the touring cars but a night in A&E put pay to that - not me I might add!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Do the light boxes work?
It does give me more energy when used correctly. I also have one of them dawn simulator alarm clocks which has helped me feel better rested.

Vitamins C+D also help out a lot.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The best way to overcome S.A.D is to drive your GTR.
Today is a miserable day but after a little drive in my GTR, all is well again.

Why not drive a GTR over the winter?

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
FFS, how depressing are some of you??? God, your alive, fit, healthy and working (I hope) take the Dog out if you can't get your GTR/s out!!! Or buy a Scooby and bust it!!!
Or watch the Japanese GP at 6-00am this morning and then go for a walk and a blast !

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because you have to take care of the elderly!:chuckle::chuckle:

The best way to overcome S.A.D is to drive your GTR.
Today is a miserable day but after a little drive in my GTR, all is well again.

Why not drive a GTR over the winter?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
mmm Japanese GP... gotta love them pit girls (or fit girls as they are known)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Without wanting to appear to be making light of the subject, just remember it's only 9 weeks until the evenings start getting lighter (and a couple of weeks after that for the mornings). It's all go from then on.
Why not get a few webcams from down-under on your favourites ? It really helps, honest !

Or just go for the "It could be worse" method and get onto the Iceland webcams....

Merry Christmas :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Without wanting to appear to be making light of the subject, just remember it's only 9 weeks until the evenings start getting lighter (and a couple of weeks after that for the mornings). It's all go from then on.
Why not get a few webcams from down-under on your favourites ? It really helps, honest !

Or just go for the "It could be worse" method and get onto the Iceland webcams....

Merry Christmas :rolleyes:
Bah Humbug for mentioning the MC !!!!!!

Gotta wait untill Guy Falks night is out of the way before considering the "C" word !!

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Bah Humbug for mentioning the MC !!!!!!

Gotta wait untill Guy Falks night is out of the way before considering the "C" word !!
Yay christmas soon.

I'll bring you a card over in the week. Nice and early. And a toy for lou

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yay christmas soon.

I'll bring you a card over in the week. Nice and early. And a toy for lou
Don't forget my presnt THE CHIP !!!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Sorry. Rookie mistake. The Co-op has had Mince pies in since mid September so you'll excuse my error.

As for the Co Op, well those are probably the ones left over from last year !!!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Good call! To be be fair though you won't notice the lighter evening/dawns until end March at least.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Good call! To be be fair though you won't notice the lighter evening/dawns until end March at least.
and whats wrong witha midnight run ???

·
Registered
108 Posts
Moving from Texas to Scotland I had no idea how dark the winters were. The light didn't really affect me, but 6 months without the GT-R or my usual winter miles on the bicycle just about killed me! This year I have the turbo trainer set up in the garage right next to the car. At least I can look at it while I pedal away trying not to get fat! So far it seems to be working, but it's early yet......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts