GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Good thread. Well worth reading. Nice car as well. Bloody pictures are large!
I remember that I trusted no-one at JAE;)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Ive been scammed on a mobile phone purchase on Ebay before, quite recently in fact, to the tune of £250. :( Still, you live and learn I suppose.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Thats a scary story! I suppose that until you've met people face to face you really cant judge someone properly. Nice ending tho, thieving bastard's in jail which is good :)

Durzel.. Know what you mean, I bought a batch of Genie pay-as-you-go sims a year back, paid the money and they never arrived. The bloke cancelled his e-mail account, I sent letters to the house where i sent the cheque-no reply, and the police! hah! They were like a joke. I think one of them actually laughed when i told them. Internet fraud really f**ks me off big time.

Rob

P.S. If you wanna do the guys house over, im up for it, just come and pick me up. :D Is your car/engine back in one piece now?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Yeah car is all sorted. Haven't picked her up yet, waiting on a replacement splitter at the moment - I want it to look perfect when I pick it up :)

Re: Mobile phone scam - I was stupid really, I should've read the signs long before it was too late - however I was too eager to get my hands on the mobile and thought the deal was too good to be true (but not completely unrealistic). It was. The moral of the story is - there is a reason no one bids on high value electrical items on Ebay from people with no feedback.

Unfortunately there isn't much chance of doing the guys place over since hes not UK resident.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Fraud

I can beat that, I am currently 'discussing' with my credit card company how I managed to spend £13,000 buying 2 Fiat cars, in Manchester, on the day we were all racing at Santa Pod.

Lets just say it's not resolved yet and there are private investigators involved now.

Guy

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sheeesh!!!

Guy,

You don't seem to be having much luck lately what with your engine and all.

One of our customers recently got stitched whilst selling her car. A young lady came along on the first visit to buy the car with a bankers draft cheque for the full amount. Two days later they received a phone call from said bank informing them the cheque was part of a batch that was stolen! Nasty

Luke

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Re: Fraud

Guy said:
I can beat that, I am currently 'discussing' with my credit card company how I managed to spend £13,000 buying 2 Fiat cars, in Manchester, on the day we were all racing at Santa Pod.

Lets just say it's not resolved yet and there are private investigators involved now.

Guy
Wow. And I thought my scamming problems were bad. Puts it into perspective really.

Incidentally, I hope your car gets sorted soon - as you say the 600bhp+ road is a hazardous one fraught with financial pitfalls. But then you know that already since it must've cost a fortune just to get your car to how it is already.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Kempy said:
Bungle looks like he's had a hard life since Rainbow finished!:D
Ha ha ha...you're right it does look like Bungle. Bl**dy hell Im showing my age!;) and the years have not treated him kindly!

Claire

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
tigger said:
bungle....who's that???:)
Bungle, Zippy, Geoff (the gay icon) and the pink hippo sort of thing....oops can't remember his name

Talking briefly of Rainbow. My mother (god bless her) would not let me watch Dr Who, however she was more than happy to sit me in front of the TV watching Captain Pugwash... now can you remember there names..lol

:cool:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
For Sale

2 Fiat Barchetta's, second hand, paid 13K for the pair, will accept 5K, new baby forces sale.:D

Listen Guy, if you want to buy Fiats on your cards then thats OK, dont make elaborate excuses, were all friends here, :p :cool: :smokin:

Ohhhh Jeffery, buh buh buh.:D

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Poor Guy,

Somebody told him Fiat was now a major player in the Nissan car company and made him an offer on two of their top cars - for a knock down price.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I saw Zippy on the tv recently advertising Marmite, he looked good for his age. Bungle obviously lived the rock'n'roll lifestyle to excess:D :smokin:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts