GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i'm just posting this for a friend. He's looking to buy an r32 GTR and the first one he looked at, he has fallen love with... as ya do!! But the thing is that the car is pretty standard, yet running 1.2bar boost, even with standard ecu, and turbos.:confused: What advice would ye have as regards to buying it?? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

·
Registered
420 Posts
If its using standard fueling and turbo's, its running a very high risk of engine death, big time!!!
Ie, runaway!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
1.2 bar is too high in my option for standard Turbos - are you sure it hasn't had the internals changed to steel? 1.2 bar with a remapped ECU, steel internals, EGT gauge and new injectors would be OK I reckon but with standard stuff it's just asking for disaster.

·
Premium Member
5,782 Posts
providing it has steel internal turbos - and aftermarket engine management it will be fine. It doesnt need hard fuel mods (ie injectors) to run safely.

If it has standard internal turbos then steer clear as 1 bar is seen as the most that standard tubs can reliably run.

If you loose a turbo blade and it goes through the engine, you can kiss goodbye to atleast £5K in engine rebuild costs.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Depends on the turbos, if they have the standard ceramic exhaust wheel then 1.2 is too much. And I'd want to see documented evidence that they were, and I'd probably ring the place up to check!

Thats the only concern though, 1.2 is perfectly safe on steels :)

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Buy it.
Look at the fun you'll have sourcing a new block, turbo's etc.
And running in is an absolute joy.

R32 GTR @ 3000rpm = < 68mph for 1000 miles.

Step away from the car. Put your sensible head on. And go look at some others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts