GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Oh Yes

The car is perfect, and it is so easy to drive at slow speeds, and the you get from other people when you drive pass gives you the best feeling and the bigggggggggggggest smile that last for hours. I'm trying to drive the car slow ish for the first 1000k but the smiles you get when you put your right foot down a little bit, it's so hard to put it into words except this one.

PERFECT.

Did anyone else get this feeling?

This is going to be my best xmas ever.

The colour silver is in my view is the best(not that I had much choice it was the only colour left) but that's beside the point.

Only done 150miles so far but I can't wait to do the rest.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds Good

Sounds that you are pleased with it Graham:)
Have you got any pictures of your GTR?

Regards
-Elliot

·
Registered
56 Posts
Best Car, Best Club!

Yes Dodgy,

In agreement - you'll be even happier with a 400bhp upgrade - the most sensible thing you can do with a standard R34. Mine was supplied new with the kit fitted so there's no delaying, you can get yours fitted now!

Apart from the obvious hike in power, it gives you an amazing sound when accelerating post 5K revs right up to 8k! - A seriously spine-tingling sound especially in tunnels.

Awesome is one word I'd use to describe the Skyline and that still rings true after a year of ownership.

Just take it easy, drive it hard when you can but always respect the car and you'll be forever smitten! I can't see anything else beating the unique feeling of the Skyline experience for the price.

You mention easy to drive at slow speeds, you'll be even more amazed at VERY high speeds - this car is the most rock solid thing I've ever had the pleasure of hustling though fast sweepers! Don't do this on my account, learn the car's handling first but when you're ready you'll see what I mean. It makes a Porsche 996 Carrera 2 feel wooly and even 'dangerous' at similar speeds!

It is an awesome machine, and I don't think any major manufacturer will be making a car so 'single minded' in future - it just doesn't make financial sense!

So enjoy it while you can and come along to all the Skyline meets next year! You'll be doubly pleased you bought one - I think the Skyline crowd is going to be the best in 2002!

Merry X'mas / New Year to all!

Name Tag Richard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts