GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

can anyone confirm to me if a 33gtr gearbox will fit into a 32 gtr with no mods at all ?
are the transfer cases & props etc a different fit or are they all the same ?

thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Only thing that is a different fit can be the speedo drive (unbolt your 32 one and put it in the 33 box) and the 32 have a push clutch and the 33 a pull clutch. You can tap the mounting points to fit the slave cyl to the 33 bell housing.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can I use A 33gtr slave cylinder to get around this ?

The guy has a short shift kit for it and that doesn't come with the box - do all the 32 shifter bits fit to the box ? (part with metal pole for shifter knob to attach onto and the ball part that goes into the box)

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have a R33GTR box in my R32GTR, and i have push type clutch.

You need to tap the mounting holes for the slave sylinder, and change the roundhead bolt thing inside the bellhousing, dont know the english word for it.
The thing that clutchfork lay against inside the bellhousing.

Some pics

Asim

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi asim,

change the roundhead bolt thing inside the bellhousing.... what do you need to change it to - the one out of the 32 box ?
did your 33 box come with the gearchange lever as well or did you use your 32gtr one?

Im looking at buying this 33 box to fit to a 32GTR drift car that im building so as long as its straight forward i will go for the 33 box thats available for a good price at the minute...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
hi asim,

change the roundhead bolt thing inside the bellhousing.... what do you need to change it to - the one out of the 32 box ?
did your 33 box come with the gearchange lever as well or did you use your 32gtr one?

Im looking at buying this 33 box to fit to a 32GTR drift car that im building so as long as its straight forward i will go for the 33 box thats available for a good price at the minute...
Sorry, forgot to mention.

You use the pivot(right word?) / roundhead bolt from your 32 box. Im not sure if you need to tap the hole for that bolt also.

Its not much work at all, you will see what to do when you start with the job.

This is the bolt im talking about

I used the gearstick from my 32box, fits straight in. And like mentioned earlier, you may need to change out the speedo drive, 33 / 34 box have electronic speedo, 32 uses wire.

Asim

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Deburr those holes noob.....
Interestingly enuff kettle, the R33 box is stronger and also is better to fit the os gear kit to as it already has all the double row synchro's that you need for the os gearset....
To fit the os gears to a genuine R32 box you need to buy half the internals from the 33 box ...
So
R33 box = better anyway...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hi Asim.
Hows your car going mate ?

I think Glen is referring to the photo of the newly tapped threads which show the sharp edges.
I presume you de-burred them after tapping ?
As in chamfering the outer lip, similar to gently countersinking a hole.
cheers cokey

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hi Asim.
Hows your car going mate ?

I think Glen is referring to the photo of the newly tapped threads which show the sharp edges.
I presume you de-burred them after tapping ?
As in chamfering the outer lip, similar to gently countersinking a hole.
cheers cokey
Hi mate.
Car is running strong as ever. Almost 600hp / 700nm at all 4 wheels now.
Its parked up for the winter.

Ah i understand. The box was like this when i bought it. I havent done anything to it, came like this from japan. And the mounting surface is flat, bolts went in perfectly... sooeehhh.....

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Sharp edges = very bad...
You'd get a clip around the ear if you were the apprentice...
:)
haha.. thats so funny.
You know why? Because im a supervisor / forman at a workshop, and in charge of training apprentice`s, and i tell them about saftey all the time haha :chairshot

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
can i just ask guys,

Is the reason for fitting the slave cylinder on the opposite side, only so that i can use the 32gtr type clutch (push) ?

If so and i used a 33gtr (pull) clutch instead would i not have to do anything at all other than swapping over the speedo drive ?

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
can i just ask guys,

Is the reason for fitting the slave cylinder on the opposite side, only so that i can use the 32gtr type clutch (push) ?

If so and i used a 33gtr (pull) clutch instead would i not have to do anything at all other than swapping over the speedo drive ?

Thanks,
Pete
Yup, That was All I needed to swap over.

If you were going to use the R32 clutch in it, you need to do more than change the slave cyl, You need to change the backing plate and the clutch fork as well, as the R33 backing plate doesn't have the mounting points for the R32 fork and pivot ball.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where does this pivot bolt go on the box as I can't see it anywhere ?

Sorry, forgot to mention.

You use the pivot(right word?) / roundhead bolt from your 32 box. Im not sure if you need to tap the hole for that bolt also.

Its not much work at all, you will see what to do when you start with the job.

This is the bolt im talking about

I used the gearstick from my 32box, fits straight in. And like mentioned earlier, you may need to change out the speedo drive, 33 / 34 box have electronic speedo, 32 uses wire.

Asim

1 - 20 of 26 Posts