GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Drop Gareth at ATF Power a line as he apparently built the car - really good bloke as well.

Interestingly, looking at wheels etc, it looks as if this could be the car advertised on his site with 540 at 1.7bar in the customer cars.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drop Gareth at ATF Power a line as he apparently built the car - really good bloke as well.

Interestingly, looking at wheels etc, it looks as if this could be the car advertised on his site with 540 at 1.7bar in the customer cars.
The bloke on ebay said its 600 bhp is hard to see how

·
Registered
440 Posts
Q: Who done the car? why do u think its 600bhp? as its got 550cc there will not be the fuel for 600 bhp.
22-Oct-06
A: hello there the car was built by ATFpower as i said..if you google skyline engine builds they are top or engine tuning for skylines or skyline mapping they come top 3 searches..they prep the car for track too..er as for the 555 injector`s i guess your thinking that a car can`t run more than the injector size with regards to bhp because of pressure..as with getting fuel thou its is simple as ****ing thou ya dick if ya push harder more **** will come thou so its force will always overcome final cc injector size these injector`s are still not maxed out if you check cosworth`s they run green injectors and make 500bhp all day long... i hope this help`s you oh and while i think about it i also run a standard inlet manifold and air flow meter so from that point of view and skyline owners who know everything i guess i,m under 300 bhp...oh well...goodluck with your cars mate i hope this helps in some way reagards and i hope you don,t take offence as this is not my intension...i,m just sick of people who have never built race engine`s...but yet have read all there is to know about them

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I maxxed out my standard AFM at just below 380bhp!!

A Cossie has 4 cylinders so what does that comparison prove?? Good attitude and response to a question as well???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I maxxed out my standard AFM at just below 380bhp!!

A Cossie has 4 cylinders so what does that comparison prove?? Good attitude and response to a question as well???
yes i have had more then 10 skylines on 550cc and they never been any more then 500 bhp. I think 600 bhp is a bit of much but i mite be wrong!! Think he mite be dreaming

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
This is a funny one, hard to know what to think, but 600bhp id be shocked with TBH.

The AFM thing. Well, it would max out before then, but with the right electronic trickery you could fuel way past that, but itd be total guesswork and terrible fueling, ie the fuel at the max out point would need to be enough to fuel for 600bhp as the fueling will stay linear from then on.

The turbo on it sounds like it might be a cossie RS500 unit, so good for 550bhp at a push, and by a push i mean well over 2bar boost.

if you check cosworth`s they run green injectors and make 500bhp all day long
This maybe shows a bit of clever reasoning i didnt at first notice, or maybe the guy is just waffling shit...

I think maybe he is running WAY more fuel pressure than Skylines generally do. I can only guess this as i cant remember what skylines or cossies generally run, pressure wise.

Cossies are 4cyl.
4 green injectors are good for 350bhp, a little more at a push.
500bhp on greens is achieved with eight greens, up to about 550 IIRC.

Maybe he is trying to show some comparison? god knows...

Greens are 390cc.
390x8= 3120
550x6= 3300

Maybe he saying if you can do 500bhp+ on 8 greens you can easy do it on 6 550s as they are higher flowing overall even with 2 less.

Looks like fuel pressure is maybe the reason. Also gonna depend how rich etc you run the thing, efficiency etc.

Standard AFM, the turbo, etc etc etc is still mega questionable.

So basically, the seller needs to prove it or STFU :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I'd be surprised if there is a 600bhp turbo lurking in there. You'd need an aftermarket manifold, and something like a GT35R sized turbo.

Difficult to hide such a beastie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts