GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Yes, when pressing on I do, but not usually in R on the suspension as it is slower on some roads I like as it can get knocked off line too easily.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thistle that was what I thinking off ie, when you want to press on but not get caught out by incorrect gear change etc.Do you find it better than using manual gearchange in this type of scenario?

So what suspension setting do you use Standard/normal?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thinking about your tuning goodies Ben any chance of a discount businees must be slow at this time of the day LOL.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Thinking about your tuning goodies Ben any chance of a discount businees must be slow at this time of the day LOL.
GB going on for a few more weeks on the good stuff :)

Early hours of UK time is when the other side of the world are awake ;) we supply more parts/tunes overseas than in UK.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I use auto in towns but always take in control in manual as I approach a junction or roundabout so I am not in a position of trying to nip out into a space and find auto mode is just decided to search for 1st gear and I am left stranded. It was a technique I used with the BMW SMG system.

So far I also run in comfort for general Scottish road system!

·
Registered
211 Posts
for street I use R, comf, off in auto or manual

for track R, R, OFF in manual

and when I'm tired and just moving the car from A to B than NORMAL, COMF, NORMAL

·
Registered
300 Posts
Why would you use Trans in R mode and VDCOff for street use ?

KK1, Auto mode is ok for highway driving because it certainly help to downshift if sudden power is needed. Other than that, i don't.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Just NORMAL all switches for me, and always in MANUAL.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I quite like auto for motorways and town driving but again as I was once to an SMG driver I down shift and set the car up for roundabouts.

When I am flat out I like R for gears in manual and green for shocks as unless you are on the track the car is better on soft IMHO as UK A and B roads a crap.

I like VDC in R as whilst I am always ready to catch a slide being an ex 997 C2S owner I also like my warranty and how sideways do you need to be on a public road.

Kp

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
for street I use R, comf, off in auto or manual

for track R, R, OFF in manual

and when I'm tired and just moving the car from A to B than NORMAL, COMF, NORMAL
Hehe, even in the snow? Or should that be, especially in the snow? ;)

I often find R, Comf, R works for fast bumpy B roads.
Fantastic that you can do that. I don't know of any other cars that can. (430 Scud can be manually overidden to be in "comfort" mode, whilst in Race, but it's still pretty firm!)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I drive in auto and manual all the time. I switch between them both depending on whether i'm in traffic or pressing on. One for my other thread (silly wee things) is that it won't stay in R when i switch between Auto and Manual and use Neutral. I switch into Neutral at lights or waiting in traffic.

Suspension is usually on Comf as i feel I need the suspension travel on normal roads.

Not touched traction yet as i've yet get to grips with the car in terms of catching it if the back end goes. I've had a few mini powerslides but would like to get the car on a track and find out how it reacts in a safe environment rather than the A81!

So to answer the OP: No

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
So whats the advantage of having the geabox in R mode - when in auto?

Is it the same as in manual in that it just makes the changes faster?

·
Registered
342 Posts
M-NCR (I said M-NCR..)

M-NCR (I said M-NCR..)

I find in manual - normal (gear but irrelevant) comf (susp) and R (traction) it gives me the best daily ride as the roads are generally so bad in SE England.

The reason for the R in traction is that I find it has less white line wobble and bump hop that this and other 4wd cars I have had suffer from with certain tyres.

By the way the snow setting is good for setting off on cold days. Much less jerky.

AM

1 - 20 of 20 Posts