GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
your house dont have a lockable garage?

dats quite big money when u can rent a good garage for 40-50 quid....i got a good safe garage for 30 quid a month for 6 months

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do you determine if a garage is safe though? if its away from your house, who knows who's watching it?

mook

·
Registered
3,803 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I have the same problem, I leave the cover on when its been raining (or snowing), take it of when im going for a drive but then I dont want to put it in the boot as I dont want to get the boot wet so end up having to put it indoors in the bath to drip dry. Its not ideal. A solution as per your link would be great, but im not sure if it would not attract more unwanted attention with passers by curious as to whats underneath.

The only solution: Move to house with a nice big heated double garage (i can dream)!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
or a cheap alternative, build a double garage.

wait for it

put the car in one side, live in the other side, sell the house. kerching:thumbsup: cars always safe and dry, and you have loads of cash left over from the sale and no mortgage. happy days, i see no downside.:D

kev

·
Registered
794 Posts
some garages are within gated compound, some even got 24hr security, cctv etc but will be more pricey....

Mines in a big but quiet apartmnt complex end of a road so not on mein throguhfare...

its bright at night wit lotsa lights and lots overlooking windows...cars parked eithr side

but stil i got hi-end padlocks ondoor, wheelclamp on,steeringlock on, chain round towing eye hitchd to a metal grill.....and lots of praying...lol

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
or a cheap alternative, build a double garage.
wait for it
put the car in one side, live in the other side, sell the house.
kerching:thumbsup: cars always safe and dry, and you have loads of cash left over from the sale and no mortgage. happy days, i see no downside.:D

kev
I like your style, no mortgage, more money to spend on the car:D

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I have another solution Mook :D

£50 on car cover, £7 a time for a european person to clean it, thats a years worth :D

Cheaper than a peramulator thingy

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
Whatever I have will be in front of my house, so needs to be as low as possible

I'm investigAting a lockup

mook

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Garage or lockup is the only way really. I rent a garage at £45/month and then over winter change to a local car storage company and use their de-humidified storage at £80/month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts