GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a silly random question,

But while looking through some old photos the other day, I was reminded of when I bought my car back in late 2009 and one of my first outings was to TOTB 2010, on the way there along the A64 I came up behind a black R34, we drove the rest of the way together, got off at the right junction but took the wrong exit off the roundabout, the one before the Elvington turn off, after stopping for a quick chat we turned round and carried on to our destination, where the 34 went into the event and I parked in the car park.

Once I entered the event I came across the car again with the bonnet up and had another quick chat with its owner, I think we also spoke about the extortionate price of the rear defuser for some reason, the one thing I do remember was the engine being different to mine with the R1 or R2 plaque, not having a clue what was special and what wasn't at the time, the cars info and spec was wasted on me, but with hindsight I'm wondering just how special it was, would love to know more about the car and its owner, just out of curiosity really.

If anyone has any info, please let me know

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow guys, thanks so much, guess it was an S1 not R1, I remember the car being stunning and thinking, one day.

This to me is what a forum is all about, some random question about a car and it's driver from 5 years, and with in a few moments I have the build thread and info I asked for, thanks again.

Kev.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Greek R34 has a black R34 with R1 engine - number 001 I think - now in Rotterdam?

Could this be the one you saw?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Greek R34 has a black R34 with R1 engine - number 001 I think - now in Rotterdam?

Could this be the one you saw?
It's blue not black.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts