GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering.... (and also trying to be a cheapskate and go direct :shy: )

I did try the search button but could not find anything :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, sorry! the search button did work then!

I thought Connolly was a type of leather. Not a retrimming company as well!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Connolly leather was only the leather they used. The place that did all the leather interior was down south. And ur looking at 2k for the std uk retrim. But if ur wanting it doing contact Virdee and get Robson leather instead. I only paid £1850 for a custom trim. Much better.

Graham

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
But if ur wanting it doing contact Virdee and get Robson leather instead. I only paid £1850 for a custom trim. Much better.

Graham
I will second that:chuckle: I have seen some UK cars with the leather, they do not even come close to a custom job by Robson:)

Dave.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I was right then! :)

I would prefer just the standard Uk retrim really. Like to keep it authentic rather than custom to be honest.

why do you say yours is better mate? any pics?

any ideas who Middlehurst used? £2k sounds fair enough. I would get it done for that if it matched the UK cars.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot, will have a read and hope to see car on saturday. Can you PM your mobile just to make sure I don't miss you please.

·
Vendor
12,625 Posts
The cars were trimmed out before they got to Middlehurst, in fact they were trimmed at the docks before going on the transporters. Im not sure who fitted them as the van was unmarked:( :( :( :(

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The cars were trimmed out before they got to Middlehurst, in fact they were trimmed at the docks before going on the transporters. Im not sure who fitted them as the van was unmarked:( :( :( :(
Poo... thanks anyway though. Anyone else have any ideas?

Much as the ones in that post done by Robson look great I think I would prefer just a exact replica of a UK car.

Will still come and have a look first hand at the weekend though :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Have you considered asking Middlehurst's? Make up a name and say is joe bloggs still doing your leather re-trims in the 34's and hope the reply is no ........ does it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The leather in the UK cars was definitely from Connolly, whoever trimmed it.

Phil

Thanks Phil, but I already new that. Thats why my question was who Middlehurst used for the retrimming. :)

I will try and call Middlehurst and try and get some info. :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've had 2 UK cars and the leather doesn't wear well. I think the company is down in Dover but i can't remember the name. But they will need ur car for 1-2 weeks i think they told me. Robson can make it like the UK cars and it only takes 6 hours to fit, and the leather is alot better.

Graham

1 - 20 of 31 Posts