GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the oil pump drive.

Does the bolt pattern on the flywheel differ?

I have a early cranck with 6 bolts and a small guidepin, do the late crancks differ?

Petter

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so the only difference can be the splines on the clutch to the Getrag gearbox? (not cranck related, but still?)

Flywheel is also the same?

Petter

·
Registered
213 Posts
All Nissan OEM RB26 Crankshafts are identical, with 1 exception. Early R32 are thin Oil Pump Drive and from Late R32 to R34 are all Wide Pump Drive. That's it.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Petter, my comment was at JD74 who seems to want to tell you something you said you already know in your first sentence....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Petter, my comment was at JD74 who seems to want to tell you something you said you already know in your first sentence....
Yes, he did know that fact. Unfortunately he DID NOT know that it was the only difference.

Glenn, considering you post more CRAP than help for the most part (like "Use the search function" and other snappy 1-liners) I don't think you have any right to comment on the fact that I was actually trying to help.

Perhaps it's time for you to stop reliving the old days with your list of 'Cars Owned' and move on.....getting yourself a life in the process, becaus frankly, every post I have read from you on this forum has been almost USELESS, since I have been a member here.

Other than your post count and 'the good old days', what keeps you here ?

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Gee I dont know, as long as theres people like you posting stuff like "max boost on a standard headgasket is 1.2 bar" ...Im still needed I guess ....

Cars owned ?
Thats what I own right now ....I currently own 5 cars ,not what I have owned ...I have owned about 60 something over the years ...
Done so many conversions I have forgotten ...
How about you ?
I see your post count is up to 62.
I assume you have read all my 2100 post's to have formed that opinion ?
Theres a lot of people who I have helped and a lot of gear I have made that others have copied, so I guess as you know all, I will bow down to your obvious superiority.

Oh shit
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/123115-crank-collar.html

·
Registered
213 Posts
Gee I dont know, as long as theres people like you posting stuff like "max boost on a standard headgasket is 1.2 bar" ...Im still needed I guess ....
Don't be an idiot. You are completely mis-quoting me......

The guy asked about max boost and I simply stated that 1.2BAR was ATLEAST SAFE because of other known limitations, but why push the motor any further.

Where in the following do I state that it is the MAXIMUM Boost Level ?

The RB26, as equipped in a Skyline, has proven time and time again that 1.1-1.2 BAR on OEM-ish (or N1) Twins, is the limit for most things from the factory, so I would assume that the HG would be inline with that and leave you no reason to test the limits any further.
You're a goof....plain and simple.....nothing better to do than brag about your garbage to anyone who will look, listen, or read what you have to post..... when you are not telling people to use the search function that is.

Did you not get enough attention as a child ? Not many friends ? Perhaps it's time you take a step back and ask yourself WHY ?

You clearly have an abrasive Internet personality, so I can't imagine why you would be any different in real life.

Get a life.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Don't be an idiot. You are completely mis-quoting me......

The guy asked about max boost and I simply stated that 1.2BAR was ATLEAST SAFE because of other known limitations, but why push the motor any further
Doesn't look like misquoted to me...

Whats the max presssure run on a standaed head gasket here? ( without it blowing!):D
The RB26, as equipped in a Skyline, has proven time and time again that 1.1-1.2 BAR on OEM-ish (or N1) Twins, is the limit for most things from the factory, so I would assume that the HG would be inline with that and leave you no reason to test the limits any further.
Looks like you just rambled on and didn't answer a simple question about a head gasket.

·
Registered
213 Posts
HHmmm.....so much for 'Reading between the lines'.

Next time I will be more direct and perhaps even draw a picture.

In LAYMAN'S TERMS, what I should have said was:
Why in hell would you want to push a stock motor over 1.2 BAR, since that boost level has been proven safe and reliable, even when using N1 Turbines.
..I wish you could see me rolling my eyes.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
No mention of the word 'stock', or what turbos, or even the spec of the engine in the post you refer to, only a mention of head gasket.

Yes what you are saying is correct, but you are answering a different question than the one which is being asked.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes, for 'Stock' I assumed too much. My fault for being logical.

For all I know, he could have been asking for max boost with a single GT4094, because we all know that 1BAR of Boost from a GT4094 is the same as 1BAR of boost from a pair of GT2560 Twins......so it's obviously not relevant that I mentioned Turbos, right ?

HHmmm....

Was the question flawed then ? by your ANALizing of it ?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
For all I know, he could have been asking for max boost with a single GT4094
But he didn't, he asked:
Whats the max pressure run on a standard head gasket here? ( without it blowing!):D
You over analysed his intentions behind the question, instead of merely answering, what is a straight forward question

by your ANALizing of it ?
Nice. Shows your maturity level.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts