GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Basically if your break light bulb goes will the car tell via warning light that its blown....

Any idea?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks much appreciated. Any idea what spec of bulb fits into the reversing light?

I want to replace it with a red one and connect it to my fog lamp switch given I'm changing the rear diffuser for a carbon one which doesent have a fog light......................

·
Registered
90 Posts
Basically if your break light bulb goes will the car tell via warning light that its blown....

Any idea?
Mine has a warning system. On the daily checks, if it doesn't light then its blown! But I guess that's not the sort of answer you were looking for? :chuckle:

I'll get me coat :-( Sorry ;-)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
thanks much appreciated. Any idea what spec of bulb fits into the reversing light?

I want to replace it with a red one and connect it to my fog lamp switch given I'm changing the rear diffuser for a carbon one which doesent have a fog light......................
What rear diffuser are you fitting?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What rear diffuser are you fitting?
This one, but its arrived without the lights or any holes for them so I'm thinking instead of cutting into it and custom fitting fog lamps, It may be easier to put a bright red led bulb in the offside reversing light and rewire the oem fog light into it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look in my modification thread in the projects section. I fitted a reversing light led and you can see what's fitted. First or second page I think.
Thanks, I dug out the revesring light bulb last night, I was surprised how easy it was to get at 12V W16W. I've ordered a same size 18W red LED bulb to turn it into a fog lamp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts