GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so listed my Panamera Turbo forsale today. (also on forum sale section too)

Its super cheap so should sell quickly only delays is me removing private plate from it (call it 1-2 weeks).

sooooo.... what next? r8,997TT, or GT-R, ferrari 360

in my 5months away I have had 997TT gen2 for 3 weeks, so that itch has been scratched and my friend has a Audi r8 which I have driven for about an hour.

the 997 PDK was a much better car all round and amazingly well built but..... did anyone noticed it when driving aroudn town.... no! :(

so this brings me back to GT-R as an option.

Im on the hunt for a new car, which might even be a GT-r so lock your r35-s up now whislt you can! :chuckle:

If i had my choice I would love to own a ferrari 360! am I mad for saying this! buying a car just because it sounds good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hwn9Srz1Yc

if you have one message me. :) if you have owned a 360 please let me know your experiences.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
in my 5months away I have had 997TT gen2 for 3 weeks, so that itch has been scratched and my friend has a Audi r8 which I have driven for about an hour.
What were your thoughts, I'm considering scratching this itch. I drove a Gen1 and then a Gen2 and instantly realised I couldn't settle for a Gen1

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha,

yes Gen 2 is amazing the PDK changes the game.

If you do not need rear seats and a boot or decent ride height (i.e. able to take the car on kurbs and speed bumps at normal speeds) then the 997 gen is amazing!

The build quality is crazy! engine loves revving, leave the TC on and its prety safe the back end steps out just enough to give you a rush. traction on existing the corner is amazing.

when i returned the car back I was only gutted that I didn't get to feel a simple stage 2 power upgrade to a 997 turbo. which I genuinely feel would be as fast as a stage 4.25 GTR.

really good car. oh and if dont like attention but want the speed then this car is perfect

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Nope not mad for wanting to uy a car for sound...... We have all done it think!! There was a point where I was looking at a Gran Tourismo Stradale just because it looks pretty but the sound...... OH MY GOD THE SOUND!!!!

luckily the chick is to hand to reminmd me that it's not a GTR LOL

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
I spend a huge number of days a year in Ferrari 360s, we call them the "red skips". They are not particularly fast, build quality is terrible, they are unreliable and the paddle shift gearbox when it changes gear is like waiting for paint to dry. You will be hugely disappointed after having a GTR.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
That's the problem with Porsche, if anyone thinks the GT-R is common, then that makes Porsche everybodys everyday car haha.

Notice how I said the model for GT-R but only the brand for Porsche, that's because when driving towards you, they all look exactly the same, don't know whether it's a Boxster coming towards me or a 911 turbo! But of course the drive is another world.

Did you know 911's were banned this year from the Goodwood supercar car park, because there were too many last year!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
ive still got a 360 Modena and owned it 10 years now,, still a fast car at todays standards. 0/60 4 secs
Build quality is great. never had anything break or fall off.
headlights dont fill up with water and the dash lights stay on without a warranty claim.
Must be up there with the best 10 sounding cars ever made,
the F1 gear box is Dog shite its like driving a Smart car. And yes ive 2 of those as well.

But the Strada will never loose money if you can get on with the gear box giving you whip lash every gear change.

Goldie

·
Registered
777 Posts
I spend a huge number of days a year in Ferrari 360s, we call them the "red skips". They are not particularly fast, build quality is terrible, they are unreliable and the paddle shift gearbox when it changes gear is like waiting for paint to dry. You will be hugely disappointed after having a GTR.
Perfect summary. And it only sounds good with a Tubi really.

In actual fact, you'd be better with a 355 for the classic status but the interior isn't great.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lolz!

Im finally accepted no other car will be as good as a gtr. (911tt is the only car i think is on par and 'affordable')

Are tge yellow skips any better!?!:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
headlights dont fill up with water and the dash lights stay on without a warranty claim.
the F1 gear box is Dog shite its like driving a Smart car. And yes ive 2 of those as well.

Goldie
I bet that's because you never drive yours Stu, it probably sits in the garage for 350 days a year. In the past twelve months I've had one catch fire, four sessions of them jamming in gear, reverse toggle switch falling off in my hand, fuel filler cap jam shut, diff break, power steering fluid leak, air con fail, starter fail, numerous bits of trim fall off in the cabin, synchro go on third gear in the manual one we own, water leak in the cooling system and that's just the cars I've been involved with, the company owns four and I have yet to find one instructor that has a good word for them, admittedly they get a hard life and have clocked up a few miles now but the Lambos and Porsche Turbo are way better in the reliability stakes. You must own a good one, probably wasn't built built by an Italian, they must have had some Germans over on a work exchange programme!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Porsche make good cars ! And people know it hence its popularity.

That's the problem with Porsche, if anyone thinks the GT-R is common, then that makes Porsche everybodys everyday car haha.

Notice how I said the model for GT-R but only the brand for Porsche, that's because when driving towards you, they all look exactly the same, don't know whether it's a Boxster coming towards me or a 911 turbo! But of course the drive is another world.

Did you know 911's were banned this year from the Goodwood supercar car park, because there were too many last year!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sell me 1!:)

ive still got a 360 Modena and owned it 10 years now,, still a fast car at todays standards. 0/60 4 secs

But the Strada will never loose money if you can get on with the gear box giving you whip lash every gear change.

Goldie

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Id want use the thing 4-5 days a week!

Got a garage queen already, not enough room for two!

I must investgate this reliability issues.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
I really don't get the idea of buying a car just to make other people stare at you.

Walk around naked, it will have the same effect and will be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree, but it was just an observation when i had the 997.

I would like a lil bit of wow factor having jus cone out of a panamera !

Lets face it a gold or lime green gtr its the ultimate bling!

I really don't get the idea of buying a car just to make other people stare at you.

Walk around naked, it will have the same effect and will be cheaper.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,362 Posts
Its super cheap so should sell quickly only delays is me removing private plate from it (call it 1-2 weeks).

It will be more like 6 weeks. When I had my plate put on retention it took the DVLA 6 weeks to send the paperwork.

And when I notified them that I had sold my previous car, again, almost 6 weeks. It all has to be done by post now and it's now taking a disgraceful amount of time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Had a 360 for a year or so back in 2007..
As you say a truly epic sound (Mine had a Tubi) I used it nearly every day did about 20K miles in it. (it was a manual car, as stated already the Semi auto is rubbish!) Got damaged by a bus! so i took the opportunity to fit the Titanium springs, dampers and wheels from The Challenge Stradale to it... Made a huge difference to the handling! (which to be fair wasn't hard!)
Driving it was an event... But it wasn't that quick unless you thrashed it...
Got a Gallardo after... Much better car :)
Having owned a MY12 GTR a few months ago, there is no way id go back to a 360.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Crap! Ill send docs off tomrw.

It will be more like 6 weeks. When I had my plate put on retention it took the DVLA 6 weeks to send the paperwork.

And when I notified them that I had sold my previous car, again, almost 6 weeks. It all has to be done by post now and it's now taking a disgraceful amount of time.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Galardo ... Again!

Hummm

Had a 360 for a year or so back in 2007..
As you say a truly epic sound (Mine had a Tubi) I used it nearly every day did about 20K miles in it. (it was a manual car, as stated already the Semi auto is rubbish!) Got damaged by a bus! so i took the opportunity to fit the Titanium springs, dampers and wheels from The Challenge Stradale to it... Made a huge difference to the handling! (which to be fair wasn't hard!)
Driving it was an event... But it wasn't that quick unless you thrashed it...
Got a Gallardo after... Much better car :)
Having owned a MY12 GTR a few months ago, there is no way id go back to a 360.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts