GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on going with a big single turbo in my r33 gtr soon. I am either going to go with a T78, T88 or a T51. What I would like to know is what else besides the turbo I should have done to the car. My current mods are...

OS Giken Triple Plate Clutch
NISMO 3 Coil intercooler
HKS Electronic Boost Controller

I need to know as far as computer upgrade, cams, engine internals, fuel system etc.

I am looking to make around 700 to 800hp.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
If that's all the mods that you've done so far, you are going to have quite a list before you get to your 800hp target.

Assuming you want some reliability you will at least need stuff like:

Fuel system upgrade - 850cc injectors, 2 bosch pumps, fuel rail, lines;
Engine internals - forged pistons, billet rods; ARP head bolts, metal HG;
Cooling system upgrades - Sports rad, thermo, oil cooler; IC hard pipes; N1 water pump; N1 oil pump;
Head work - 264/272 cams, adjustable gears; valve springs;
Drivetrain - Nismo input shaft; upgraded gearset; rear lsd;
Engine Mgt - PowerFC (Z32 AFMs) or FConV Pro;

Good luck with the build up.

Cya O!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!!

hipogtr said:
If that's all the mods that you've done so far, you are going to have quite a list before you get to your 800hp target.

Cooling system upgrades - Sports rad, thermo, oil cooler; IC hard pipes; N1 water pump; N1 oil pump;

Cya O!
Thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
NISMO23

About $30,000

Good Luck

Henry.

·
Registered
133 Posts
500hp

hello,

i'm planning to get the 2530s kit and what else do i need to get if i wanna run 500 - 550hp???

Current mod:

Apex induction kit
HKS oil cooler
ARC intercooler
ARC titan front pipe
ARC titan exhaust
Nismo Clutch w/ lightweight flywheel
HKS EVC4
HKS Blow off valves
Short shift kit
HKS iridium plugs
Mine's Vx-rom (custom made to run 1.0 low & 1.1 high)

How much am i going to spend with all the bits that i haven't got???

tks.
michael.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
97 GTR VSPEC... you're not too far away with your current mod list. If you go with the 2530 kit, add the following and you'll have 500-550hp at the engine on pump gas safely:

550cc Injectors & Fuel Pump
IC hard pipe kit
Mild camshafts & cam gears; and
Rewrite the ROM!

Cost will depend on where you source and who does the work but I would have a guess at about $US8,000 for the lot (including 2530 kit) installed.

Cya O!

·
Registered
133 Posts
500hp

Thanks Hipogtr......i'll ck the prices in HK or i'll just order what you said from Shin.....

US8,000 seems alot of money to me......."rewrite the rom" i think i'll get the power fc to replace my vx-rom.......

do you know if the basic map of power fc will work with the 2530s???
coz i'm not sure if my mechanics in HK knows how to map it.

say if i get all the bits you mentioned, what bar shud i be running in order to get 500 - 550hp??

michael.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Michael... the Power FC would definitely be the way to go if you have a long term view to modifying and can price it into your budget. There are base maps included with it, although I'm not sure whether the optional maps are restricted to simply the Z32 AFMs or not. Someone with the Power FC may be able to help you more. Nonetheless, its always better to have the Power FC maps tuned to match the exact characteristics of your setup.

With the Power FC you should be able to make the power target with out problems using about 1.2 bar boost. My R34, for example, made 500hp to the engine with the same amount of boost on factory turbos, factory cams and pump gas. I did, however, use an F Con V Pro ECU setup which takes one important restriction out of the loop - the AFMs.

As for the price, its just a guess. I may be out a bit, but I live in Japan and my sense of value for money has gone out the window.

Cya O!

·
Registered
133 Posts
What is a Z32 AFM?

Are you saying that I can't use Nismo or Mine's AFM with the power FC??

And you're making 500hp with standard R34 turbos at 1.2bar???
Amazing figures......

Does F Con V Pro has basic map with it or is it just a blank ECU??

Michael.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hipogtr said:
97 GTR VSPEC... you're not too far away with your current mod list. If you go with the 2530 kit, add the following and you'll have 500-550hp at the engine on pump gas safely:

550cc Injectors & Fuel Pump
IC hard pipe kit
Mild camshafts & cam gears; and
Rewrite the ROM!

Cost will depend on where you source and who does the work but I would have a guess at about $US8,000 for the lot (including 2530 kit) installed.

Cya O!
power fc,pump and 550cc injectors,cam gears will easily get ur target it does with mine

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
97 GTR VSPEC... Nissan Z32 (300Z) Air Flow Meters can be used with the Power FC. They are larger than the GT-R ones and have better resolution (so I've been told), and therefore less restrictive. I'm sure you can use the Nismo and Mines one's but they have to be mapped accordingly.

F Con V Pro comes with some basic maps for the GT-R. However, I left all the tuning up to Top Secret who are experts at this stuff. Hence the 500hp out of minimal mods.

Cya O!

·
Registered
46 Posts
hipogtr said:

Cya O!
I would get an engine management system that could do without the air flow meters, I hear that there is a pro version of the Apex'i power FC used in professional setups which does away with air meters, i would try and get my hands on that. If you can't then the aussie MOTEC systems are good, the TOMEI r34 drag car uses it and it is running low 8's, so it has no problems with it's tunability.
If you want big power i would go for the trust T88H-34D turbo, those babies make MASSIVE power outputs. Or you could use the t78's in a twin setup, the JUN AKIRA supra uses a twin 78 setup: www.junauto.co.jp - you can find their specs there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts