GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
wow!!! this Audi is stunning!!! engine same as group B Audi???
Have you got more pics from engine bay???
by the way, congratulation!!! you won some prize, isn't it???

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
As others have said, not normally a fan of big graphocs but your car looks stunning with them on. Fantastic job :thumbsup:

And that Audi pretty much gives me the horn :bowdown1:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
wow!!! this Audi is stunning!!! engine same as group B Audi???
Have you got more pics from engine bay???
by the way, congratulation!!! you won some prize, isn't it???
Thanks...

Yep, got some prizes. Top Ten of the show and GTi Magazine's Styling Challenge awarded me 3th place. Pretty nice surprize.

About that Audi replica, more pics here: http://sportquattro.nu/project/ola/03/index.html The engine is not same as Group B... but still an awesome build.

A group of motorheads building nice replicas: http://www.sportquattro.nu/

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
Alastaro Circuit track day.

Thanks again for the kind commendations. :bowdown1:

TeamFalken.fi track day at Alastaro Circuit [Finland] (19.4.2008).

I finally got out to the track! First time with my Skyline & first time at this track too, so I was very excited about the whole day.
The day before it was service time. I chanched to drilled front discs and to new pads all around (thanks for the help Juhis & Vesku), that job was so easy & quick. I had the drilled rear discs already.
Then checked the oil level (just a bit over full). So we were ready to rock! :flame:

Next day I filled her up before leaving from Helsinki. But before the gas it was time for some healthy vitamins, NOS Octane Booster (Racing Formula).

You mix this bottle of booster to 60 liters (15,8 gal) of gasoline. You can up the octane level up to 6 octane units.

At some point this cars life, it has visited Auto Produce Boss for a tune up.

Then some 98E gas to mix that booster in the tank.
And just before Alastaro track we stopped at Loimaa to fill the tanks to full, this time I used Shell V-Power (99+ oct.).
The trip from Helsinki to Alastaro is aprox 180 km (112 miles), just one way.
You spend some heafty loads of gas on the track as well, so be prepared.

I didn’t have time to mount the AeroCatch bonnet pins before this trip, so I used some heavy-duty tape.
The hood is quite light and it tends to start lifting up after +140 km/h (+87 mp/h). So the tape was there “just in case”…

Team Falken Manager mounting the video camera. (Some videos later when we edit the film).

The Wakaba/Shoshinsha –sign. It’s a Japanese word and name meaning "young leaf". A sign put on new drivers cars in Japan.
Well, I’m a new on track, so it was just the right sign to put on my car. JDM tyte Yo! :chuckle:

Thanks for the pics Vesku & Teemu.

Some serious breaking. The speeds to the first corner where about 153 km/h (95 mp/h), that’s after breaking. So yeah, it’s a bit dusty! Horror to clean up :bawling:

Not running lean! :smokin:

Just a small clip from the main straght and to the first corner.

The track weather spcs. Data from AlastaroCircuit.fi

More pics:
Alien2nrs Alastaro pics
TeamFalken Alastaro pics

Video's coming soon...

I was still running stock on boost, but that's about to change soon. ;)
And for those who haven't gone to track days, three words: JUST DO IT!
The most fun you can have your pants on :D

Enjoy!

[edit: the video clip does not to seem work :( ]

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Fantastic results! :smokin: :smokin:
Amazing to think this was the same car that we saw at Bee-R when the other 324R was being prepared for SiKBOY!

This has certainly come a long way - Congrats on the show trophies.
Kudos for all the hard work you've put in there, Domo-Kun!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
International Hot Rod & Rock Show (Tampere, Finland)

Okay! So I got invited to Tampere International Hot Rod & Rock Show. (from Helsinki to Tampere, 180 km’s [112 miles]).

I was really excited about this show, as I’ve never been there. And all I knew that they had some quality American cars there.
Top of that the show had a line of Tuning, Styling, Drifting Cars. Dragsters, Rally & Track Cars, Bikes and all sorts of “show & go” for every one’s taste.

My car was on display at MDS / Kone- & Radiokulma booth. We had total of 7 cars on our stand.

Our stand snapped total of 4 trophies!
Sami and he’s Dodge Avenger in Styling Car class came second.
Eero and he’s Honda Accord Coupe came second as well but in Tuning Car class.
My Bee*R Skyline took the first price in Tuning Car class.
We also took the first price in Vendors class.

What a great show! I’m really pleased and happy. The shows quality was really good (compared to the fact that we live in a country of 5 million people).
Some great rides from Sweden ;) too.

More pics of the show, click here! (sorry about the pocket rocket camera quality). :smokin:

81 - 100 of 151 Posts